• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Oldest Person Into Space - October 12

Judge

V.I.P Member
Not a joke, apparently. Had to confirm this before posting. :confused:

At 90 years old, actor William Shatner has been selected by Jeff Bezos' company Blue Origin to become the oldest person into space. A ten-minute hop, no more than 66 miles above the Earth. But dayim....talk about life imitating art! Then again it could give new meaning to space being a "final frontier" for Bill. :oops:

Apparently actors Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill had no comment. :p

Can't help but wonder what George Takei thought, but I suspect it couldn't be printed. :eek:

From soundstage to space: "Star Trek" actor Shatner on board for Blue Origin rocket launch

'Star Trek' actor William Shatner rocketing into space next week

Last edited:
That's amazing! The guy is like the energizer bunny. Great choice I think.

245088858_4415339665218070_5399661791693266374_n.jpg

Looked like a perfect space shot and landing. With William Shatner momentarily being speechless as he was personally greeted by Jeff Bezos. But then Shatner began to poetically verbalize his experience with tears running down his face.

Reminded me of a line from one of his fellow actors, Jodie Foster. Who in the film "Contact" cited that she should have been a poet while attempting to describe her character's experience into space.

Equally interesting was to learn that the booster rocket expended, landed back to Earth upright using boosters to be reused in another mission. Something that only decades ago was indicative of science fiction.

Last edited:
He's dead, Wulven. errr uhhhhh....."Jim".
And so is Scotty and Spock and Uhura and Nurse Chapel.

Chekhov and Sulu are still around. Kirk is 90 years old. Think about that. Original Star Trek aired when I was a young boy and I am now an old man. Makes one cognizant of one's mortality.

I think it was a brilliant publicity move by Bezos and a heck of a lot of fun for Capt. Kirk. Glad that Q-you-know-who didn't show up to mess things up....

New Threads

Top Bottom