• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Older games you keep coming back to

Bolletje

Overly complicated potato
V.I.P Member
What games do you find yourself revisiting periodically? My regulars (yearly or so) are:
Might & Magic 6 and 7
Baldurs Gate and Baldurs Gate II
Fallout (all of them, except for tactics)
The Elder Scrolls (Oblivion and Skyrim)
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
Dungeon Keeper
Theme Hospital
Dragon Age: Origins
Borderlands 1 and 2

Yeah.. that’s why my backlog of new games keeps growing while I replay my classics :)

I just bought FF7 on Steam last night, am going to wait to play it.

I recently just starting playing Grand Theft Auto 3 and Vice City again using a controller mod that adds Xbox/Playstation controller support; and will start playing San Andreas again soon after these 2. GTA3 I've been streaming and GTAVC I've been playing to myself, though I'll likely re-play it after I'm done with it. I'm also going to try and do GTA4 and Episodes from Liberty City (which consists of "the Lost and the Damned", and "The Ballad of Gay Tony" DLCs for GTA 4 respectively) despite the horrendous optimization for PC, I'll look up fixes for that on the PCGamingWiki.

I also been playing some Dark Messiah Might & Magic having never played it before and I can really tell that elements from it were Incorporated into Dishonoured (Arkane Studios is the developer of both games), however sadly my game crashed when entering the first big city in the middle of a cutscene and it seems to be a common occurrence, but there's some fixes for it on the PCGamingWiki I'll try and do.

Baldurs gatewould love to get back into, have it on my tablet.

We got a grant to buy a playstation when we started our business then bought baldurs gate.

So it's kind of a reminder of who we were, how our life was,way back when.

Now we closed the business,still ha e baldurs gate.

Try to persuade myself to dig out age of empires now and again.

Happy days )

6EC7F800-40A4-48DE-BC98-67F06C3492AA.jpeg

Ah, GTA San Andreas, how could I forget that one :D

View attachment 55465
Ah, GTA San Andreas, how could I forget that one :D

"I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda."

Yup... I'm gonna have quite the time with that mission, and the other one where you need to drive to and protect one of CJs friends and his GF from a gang attack... gonna be so much fun

"Older" Games?

European Air War
Sim City 3
Hearts Of Iron II
Quake III
IL-2 Forgotten Battles
Tiger Woods PGA Golf 2003
Hoyle Slots & Video Poker

But I haven't actually played newer games in years....;)

My legacy computer is like a time machine...indicative of a span of time around 1998 to 2002. Oldies but goodies.

The only newer game I've played on my present system is The Sims 3. But I seldom played it, and don't even have it installed since I upgraded the OS to Windows 10. Though I did enjoy building custom homes. LOL...had little interest in the Sims themselves. Is that autism or what? :oops:

Last edited:
Terraria
Runescape
Age of Empires

Playing Total Battle now for first time. Likely will stay with it too.

Not many, but definitely Dragon Age Origins. I keep reinstalling that one and starting over with a new origin. That game really nailed it as far as making you feel like the hero of your own fantasy epic goes.

I love to play Mortal Kombat 2 on the Megadrive/Genesis (ROM & Emulator) every now and then. I need to borrow back the controller from my brother though, I refuse to play with the keyboard.

I've been known to play the Helicopter game occasionally too lol...

Old ones that I might rather watch on YouTube as a walkthrough for nostalgic pleasure are the first two Oddworld games Abe's Oddysee and Exodus. It is on my mind to maybe get Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! to play, I'm really glad they updated it. Ah, just discovered they're making an Abe's Exodus remake as well :) nice.

Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Ice climber (NES/Famicom... it's annoying as hell but I also find it oddly satisfying)
Contra (NES/Famicom - incredible game, great music)
Chrono Trigger (SNES)
Final Fantasy VI, VII, VIII & IX
Circuit Breakers (PS1)

There's more, but those spring to mind for now.

Terraria
The Curse of Monkey Island
World of Warcraft - waiting for Classic =)

I don't really play games much anymore to be honest, just don't have the patience.

Last edited:
YES RETRO GAMES. Oh yeah, I do alot of these. It's not just really specific ones... it's all of them. But it's hard to play older games on the actual original consoles, particularly with a lack of CRT screens. So, instead, I have this:

Now, a couple of things. Firstly: Yes, the games have full sound while being played. Even when there's more than one at once, they all have full directional sound. I have no idea whatsoever as to why they turned out silent in the video. I could hear them just fine when I was actually recording. So... yeah, that's odd, blaming that on the recording software. Still, I think it shows it off quite well, particularly the ability to run a bazillion games at once.

Utterly amazing program, despite not being finished yet (thus the generic console models). What doesnt really come through in the video is how freaking REAL it looks. The video shows it as a rather... odd resolution, looks kinda funky to me, but using the actual headset, everything looks very real, right down to the scratch marks on the TV screens.

The games I did pop in are some of my favorites. Something like Castlevania is an obvious one, but I also have alot of really obscure favorites, as you can probably spot when I'm scrolling through the game list.

The NES and Atari 2600 are my absolute favorite consoles, so that's what I have set up in that program right now.

I also REALLY like older arcade games... I come back to those often. I use a different VR program for that, New Retro Arcade. It's similar to the one in the video, except it simulates an entire 80s arcade (complete with appropriate decor) with 30 full cabinets at once. It's THE reason why I had this crazy PC built, and bought the Oculus in the first place.

I mean, finding an ACTUAL arcade these days is very, very hard. I hate that fact. I mean, sure, I can play these games on a normal 2D monitor thanks to emulators, but that just isnt the same. It really isnt. A virtual arcade though... that's close enough for me. Usually. Every now and then one of the game roms bugs out. I hate emulator problems, they're usually a big pain to fix. I have THOUSANDS of roms to use in it though.

So yeah, that's the sorts of things I'm into, when it comes to older games.

Well, I also really love old DOS games and such, but.... those are a different beast. I really want to get an old Tandy computer, complete with proper CRT monitor, so I can play those just like I used to. I still have a bazillion disks full of who knows what.

I recently got back to Minecraft after years of not playing. Anyways, where'd my time go?

Also, MC is 10 years old and is actually still pretty popular. It has even taken over Fortnite due to a seemingly out of the blue comeback. I think the MC's new popularity are the 1.13 and 1.14 updates. They changed so much.

I recently got back to Minecraft after years of not playing. Anyways, where'd my time go?

Also, MC is 10 years old and is actually still pretty popular. It has even taken over Fortnite due to a seemingly out of the blue comeback. I think the MC's new popularity are the 1.13 and 1.14 updates. They changed so much.

There's a line I like to use, when it comes to Minecraft these days: "They never made a sequel, because it BECAME it's own sequel". That's just how incredibly much it's changed since the old days.

The funny thing is, the game was never "dying" or anything like some people had been thinking for a number of months there... the popularity has been extremely high even before this sudden rise, it's just that Youtubers themselves werent focusing very much on it these days (which always ALWAYS means "OMG ITS DYING" to some gamers, no matter what game it is... I facepalmed). In all the time the game has been around, I dont think it's ever REALLY dipped, in terms of popularity.

Cant think of that many other games that one could really say that about. But then, it's a game with endless possibilities, the replay value is utterly ridiculous.

I didnt mention it in my own post, but yeah, Minecraft is one I constantly come back to. Though it's not an "old" game to me, too recent by my count...

And skeletons are still jerks.

Final Fantasy IX.
My father was obsessed with the game, and because I was good at finding some Gysahl Greens/Treasures in Chocobo's Forest, I would be able to stay up past my bedtime.
Haven't played it in a minute, but I'm itching to. Maybe I'll press the right buttons and please the Queen next time.
Oh, I just remembered that catching of the frogs in the swamp area. Might pass. XD

New Threads

Top Bottom