• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Old-fashioned Advertisements

Cabaret restaurants were still quite popular when I was a kid but I haven't seen one for many years now.

1933-paradise-cabaret-restaurant-new-york-city-historic-image.jpg

In the 1960s Australia was establishing more heavy industry and we needed to import more skilled workers to keep up with demand. The White Australia Policy was still in place then so - British Only.

We'd ship your whole family out here for the princely sum of 10 pounds, and when you got here there was already a 3 bedroom house and a job lined up for you. Many of the people that took up that offer couldn't cope with our climate and soon went home again. These people became known as Ten Quid Tourists.

1960s-uk-australian-emigration-magazine-advert-EXPP40.jpg

I hope these aren't too inappropriate, I tried to filter out all the NSFW ones but these are still hilarious and I'm crying lol
Not necessarily "old fashioned," but they are still advertisements...

download.jpg
eat-jessicas-family-bad-funny-restaurant-names.jpg
in-de-buurt-bad-funny-restaurant-names.jpg
passing-wind-bad-funny-restaurant-names.jpg
Poop-300x169.jpg
toss-my-salad-bad-funny-restaurant-names.jpg
weedys.PNG

This is just an old tourist ad for Denmark. Nice graphics and very Danish. Summer vibe, Danish beaches are very nice.

1a5b90ccb324b559db5f1f51e9e978f3.jpg

One for a mostly defunct Fast Food restaurant here in the UK (although it still exists in South Africa, based on what I've heard):

Wimpy

One for a mostly defunct Fast Food restaurant here in the UK (although it still exists in South Africa, based on what I've heard):

Wimpy
We had them here when I was a kid, the name came from a popular cartoon about a homeless man who was always on the bite. "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a burger today." was one of the popular lines in the cartoon.

1509734941815-537542894.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom