• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Not Into Drinking, Smoking And Drugs

If it makes me crazy, sick, or stupid,
I don't do it.

So I don't do: tobacco, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers....etc (all the nightshades); liquor (beer, wine, whatever...);
latex (edible...bananas, avocadoes, kiwi, figs ....etc & non-edible (lycra and some paints); sugar (sucrose, dextrose, lactose...etc);
cow milk, refined (white all purpose) wheat flour. Chocolate. Caffeine.

And arugula.

Any of the above render me crazy, sick, stupid, or a combination of the 3.

I don't smoke cigs, because a) they're unhealthy as hell, b) they're addictive as hell and I know I don't have the discipline to quite, c) they're an expensive habit, and d) I'd have to go to the store more regularly and deal with the cashier, because the cigs are under lock and key. I'm quite happy going to the store and dealing with self-checkout. No need to add human interaction in there.

I learned it's very practical to stay sober, it gives you an edge if things get out of control.
I have seen alcohol destroy many people so stay away from it, alcoholism seems to run in my
family and i think the buzz just is not worth it. Ethanol seems to me to be a very primitive
social lubricant, with horrendous side effects which can include death, it is an ugly inelegant
drug, an organic solvent, bleeerghc. However I am an advocate of the responsible use of some
currently illegal substances, i am restraining myself from a rant as i have very strong feelings
on this. I myself do not really use drugs, I will sometimes take mushrooms if i am camping and
it's the right season to find them, shrooms, solitude, good coffee and a clear night full of stars,
beautiful.

I don't like pot i get sooo paranoid. I have tried must drugs in my time and have seen little benefit
from most of them, maybe LSD,
however when i tried MDMA
I was moved to tears, i felt like someone had just switched off the switch of social anxiety, pain and
PTSD issues i struggle with, like click all gone, I felt motivated and insightful and still retain some of
the benefits of the insight i experienced, I think it is absurd that it is illegal yet they are more than
happy to throw as many powerful serotonin influencing drugs at you, or others with terrible side
effects, Hypocrites. I believe in a controlled small dose, small enough to avoid the euphoria and
"interesting" effects of the drug but still enough to increase motivation, empathy and insight all of the
requirements to achieve things which will lead to a happier and more healthy life.

No drugs or smoking (which I really despise since I've seen it ruin people's health) for me, and only very occasional drinking (like maybe a hard cider or a dark stout from England that doesn't taste quite as much like the devil's urine as standard American beer a few times a year, or a tasting of really good wine if I ever had the chance to do that), but it's something I could live quite comfortably without ever doing again.

Last edited:
I don't smoke or do drugs, firstly because I'm not an idiot, secondly because the smell of cigarettes is disgusting, and finally because I've never actually had an opportunity, since I don't know anyone who either smokes or does drugs. I was never exposed to those things during my teenage years where I may have been more inclined to give in to peer pressure.

I used to drink a bit during my first few years at uni, mostly just a drink or two to relax when at clubs, so that I could properly enjoy dancing instead of being self concious. I did get properly drunk once, but it wasn't fun so I never did again. I stopped drinking because I became confident enough to enjoy a night out without getting tipsy, and when I tried 1 drink after a year without alcohol my stomach strongly disapproved. I've never had any reason to drink other than for a confidence and relaxation boost, as I don't like the taste of alcohol and don't like going to the pub with friends or anything like that.

I don't like losing control. I did have a couple of years of party drinking and didn't like the hang overs either. Stopped when I had children. Never felt like smoking and under no circumstances feel like taking drugs.

I've tried all three but didn't see any benefit from them. I grew up around addicts and saw how it effected their lives so I knew not to really bother with it.

New Threads

Top Bottom