• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Nonverbal sometimes?

Darius

Hi, if you're sometimes nonverbal, can you explain what does it mean for you? How it affects you and what do you do?

Trying to figure it out if it happens to me. Especially in work setting.

There have been a few times where I have been so overstimulated that I have struggled to speak. I think that might count as being "sometimes nonverbal," but I'm not sure.

Hi, if you're sometimes nonverbal, can you explain what does it mean for you? How it affects you and what do you do?

Trying to figure it out if it happens to me. Especially in work setting.
Panic attacks for me specifically ,exhaustion ,I get a feeling that I shouldn't speak ,sometimes a stress cough -you cough very slightly then more until all you can do is cough ,allergic asthma (not brittle asthma where the person looks very pale and almost emaciated )in the summer I get depressed then I think don't speak,hypervigilance can include what's called the 1000 yard stare classically happens to soldiers ,I freeze and just my eyes move slightly .

In certain Italian families, not talking is considered an admirable character trait.

There used to be times when I was overwhelmed, usually by something unexpected, and I would not be able to talk for at least a couple of hours, no matter what a person said or did, I just couldn't will myself to speak.

New Threads

Top Bottom