• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

No love for literature?

NecroCurator

I cannot help but notice, that there doesn't seem to be a category here for literature. Please tell me, that I am mistaken or blind or something. Is this an american thing, or don't aspies read?

I love to read and even turned a spare bedroom in my house into a library. You can never have enough room for books, in my humble opinion. :)

Last edited:
I cannot help but notice, that there doesn't seem to be a category here for literature. Please tell me, that I am mistaken or blind or something. Is this an american thing, or don't aspies read?
Sure @tree can correct me but there is definitely a what book are you reading thread?

No I think what you are observing is the fact that people use electronic devices so you don’t see them reading paper books ,just so you know originally the first few !!!!members were all British ,there were one or two American members, I would be shocked if autistic people didn’t read .

I would guess many Aspies are avid readers. It's a form of communication/learning that doesn't stress us out (unless the autism comes with a disability related to reading). Though in my case the subjects are mostly limited to my special interest areas.

My wife and I are huge bookworms but we moved to electronic reading devices a few years ago. We both love a proper book but we only have so much room to store them so ebooks were the way to go.
If you see me in a waiting room with my nose in a phone or tablet, I won't be tweeting or catching up with gossip, I'll be deep in a novel or researching for a project.
There's plenty of voracious readers here and I'm one of them,:)

My boyfriend and I have a few boxes of books sitting in our garage because our bookcases are full, yet we keep buying more books because reading is what? Fundamental!

I would guess many Aspies are avid readers. It's a form of communication/learning that doesn't stress us out (unless the autism comes with a disability related to reading). Though in my case the subjects are mostly limited to my special interest areas.
Please please tell me you have doughnut books I would love to see a picture of a doughnut book

I do have a cheese book, a garlic book and a cupcake book. No doughnuts though.
he has no idea what he’s done to me I spent an hour yesterday trying to find vegan doughnuts you have no idea how hard it is to find a vegan doughnut

he has no idea what he’s done to me I spent an hour yesterday trying to find vegan doughnuts you have no idea how hard it is to find a vegan doughnut

51U2H46q0QL.jpg

Thanks for trying ,I’m not allowed to eat anything deep-fried(low-cholesterol diet)Been looking for a doughnut machine ,which bakes them doesn’t seem to be a really good one ,don’t always want a to ring doughnut , Amazon only has the professional ones which cost thousands and deep fry them or a ring doughnut machine ,I’m picky :) I miss high cholesterol .

I used to read a lot, total bookworm, encylopaedias, maps, dictionaries, novels, but meh it don't get you social skills.

OK, this is definately my bad. How did I not notice all that? I spent some time searching as well.

It seems you asked about a category and were then shown many threads, all of which were posted in different categories. So I wouldn't say you missed anything, unless I did too!

Yeah, I'd say you did miss something.
The topic.

In this case it was the topic, not the category that was essential.

People take different approaches to the same topic, so threads may
deal with related material, but appear in different areas.

Thanks for trying ,I’m not allowed to eat anything deep-fried(low-cholesterol diet)Been looking for a doughnut machine ,which bakes them doesn’t seem to be a really good one ,don’t always want a to ring doughnut , Amazon only has the professional ones which cost thousands and deep fry them or a ring doughnut machine ,I’m picky :) I miss high cholesterol .

a478PzHyRZCgsqDWwzHQ5Q-e1561051119831.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom