• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Newly self diagnosed HF-Autism

Sandi-b

I am an older woman who has been struggling her whole life with being different. Different in the way I think and the way I speak and socialize. I found some videos and done a lot of research and done tests and I rank way above what they consider high. Plus throw a diagnosed codependency in there. And possibly some adhd. I am just trying to understand and possibly meet people who understand some of the things I am going through. I feel so alone because no one understands me. Also I’ve never lived on my own and I lost my husband so I guess that’s where the codependency issue comes in. So if anyone can give anything to help me on my journey it would be greatly appreciated. Did I just overshare? Probably.

Hello and welcome. Glad you found us. I hope you enjoy the forum and it is useful to you. I’ll bet we can understand you.

Hello @Sandi-b -
You found what you’re looking for. You’re a unique individual, but the people hereabouts understand your struggles. BTW - over sharing is kind of a tradition around here.

Hi and welcome. Except for the codependency you just described half our lives.

welcome to af.png

Hey there, Sandi-B!

You definitely came to the right place. There are plenty of us here that no doubt know ways we can help you. But I assure you that being different is bad, it is just another way of saying that you are you~

Welcome! It's never too late to start the journey - better late than never, and while we each have our own experiences, we can often find pieces of each others' stories that we can relate with, and which may be helpful in interpreting our own.

New Threads

Top Bottom