• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New York Times - "Their Words to Live By: Artists We Lost in 2016"

Some thoughts.

The Oldest of the people listed were born in 1926 and would have been roughly 90yrs old. The world has changed so much from the time since they were born to today.

There seem to be so many well known/influential artists that have died this past year. I wonder if they share a commonality, for example, were they all born or have their formative years around a period in time when the world was changing in a way that allowed their particular gifts and abilities to shine?

I'm not familiar with some of the artists whereas others have always 'been there', whether on film or in music.

Outside of family, I don't have many social connections that have spanned the course of my life. Actors such as Alan Rickman have appeared in films throughout my life, so there is a sense of familiarity for me.

The quote by Harper Lee stood out for me as being true to my life experience and succinctly put and I'm glad that her book was one that was taught when I was at school.

People generally see what they look for, and hear what they listen for.
— HARPER LEE, “To Kill a Mockingbird”Author, born 1926 (Read the obituary.)

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
— UMBERTO ECO

A play is fiction — and fiction is fact distorted into truth.

— EDWARD ALBEE

R.I.P the both of you, as you did in life provide us with some truths and your ideas live on in us.

Last edited:
And just today, George Michael. No matter your views on his music, he was a sensitive, kind person who had endure so much! Only 53 years old :-( Made me sad to read this.

A play is fiction — and fiction is fact distorted into truth.
— EDWARD ALBEE

Changing this quote to read:

A play is fiction - and fiction is fact distorted by personal interpretation.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom