• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Year's Plans?

Butterfly88

Jello Queen
V.I.P Member
Anyone have any new year's plans? My parents and I are doing Japanese takeout. I honestly wish I was going to a party. That may be a weird thing for someone on the spectrum to say and I'm not usually much of a party person but I'm feeling very lonely today.

I get those rare occasions where I actually want to go out to a social event or something. But New Year's isn't one of those times, because it usually involves a lot of noise and crowds. We are staying home and watching movies and roasting chestnuts!

Just another new year ushered in all by myself.

I'll watch the local fireworks, but on tv. Not going outside into single digit temperature tonight.

Last edited:
Nothing too crazy, just the band and friends or partners coming over at 9 for drinks and a midnight jam loud enough to shake the trees (and any nearby houses.) Hey it's the one night a year when being loud at midnight is perfectly acceptable and, expected.)

Coming here to wish you all a whatever you want it to be new year, as it has just begun over here ;)
That and enjoying my absinthe in relative silence while watching people play old school games. I'm usually the only one here who gets in a festive mood, so to avoid frustration and annoyance, I had a bit of a party on my own this afternoon.

Grandma's cabin in the woods with mom and grandma, three dogs and two cats.:)
We'll have dinner together. This year it's steak ala moose (shot by our neighbour), Hasselback potatoes and salad. Dessert is homemade ice-cream with berries handpicked from the surrounding woods, various cookies and crisps. To drink we have wine, beer, coffee, Baileys' and, of course real champagne (in my family we don't do fake sh**)

It's past 2 AM 2016... I'm so drunk you should all pay me for still being able to somewhat use english (since it's not my first language).

I broke the cookies....

Cheers :D

It's a one-second holiday, so I'm in, listening to the radio as that's a better option than New Year's Rockin' Eve. Not in bed yet because of the upcoming Annual New Year's Domestic Argument that will occur around 1 AM outside this building.

I'm at my parents house. My aunt and (adult) cousin are here with his two children. Parents had a new year party but just four other people. It wasn't too bad. I didn't manage conversation very well but it was OK. The bit I didn't like was party games.

I'm at my parents house. My aunt and (adult) cousin are here with his two children. Parents had a new year party but just four other people. It wasn't too bad. I didn't manage conversation very well but it was OK. The bit I didn't like was party games.
I find that I don't like games, because I can't socialize and play games at the same time!

New Threads

Top Bottom