• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New TV show (possible ASP interest)

Sherlock77

V.I.P Member
Just watching a brand new show called Instinct... Based on a James Patterson book...

Not certain, but I suspect one or even both of the main characters may have something to do with Asperger's, seems like an interesting show regardless...

I just saw it advertised tonight myself.
Somehow the name drew my attention.
I will watch and see what I think now that you
have given it a good review.

Yeah, I suppose I'll have to take a look myself through video-on-demand. Though so far I can't find a single article implying autistic characters in this particular show. I like Alan Cumming though, he does tend to portray quirky characters in any number of different plots. Clearly CBS likes him as well.

Watched it last night on VOD. Liked it too.

Intriguing thought as to whether or not the lead character is on the spectrum. I agree though, that he certainly could be. And frankly I'd enjoy that if he was. Though I suspect as with other CBS shows of such a nature, that it's the intention of the production not to be specific about such things.

It actually reminded me of things one of my university professors (who taught Soviet government and foreign policy) discussed with me many years ago. About his social and professional acquaintances with CIA analysts who occasionally crossed his path professionally in government. In that they could be quite amusing- and intimidating in terms of knowledge at their disposal.

Made me seriously ponder how many folks in "the company" may actually be on the spectrum. Though I suspect most of them would be analysts as opposed to those working in "operations". :cool:

Last edited:
Though I suspect as with other CBS shows of such a nature, that it's the intention of the production not to be specific about such things.
It does seem to be TV shows are not specific about characters that on the spectrum, yet it is quite easy to
see they are portraying it through their personality.

I enjoy these shows very much. Very interesting.
A few have ended that could have easily continued.
Like Second Chance and Person of Interest.
There are quite a few still out there if you watch for them.
Usually the character is quirky and intellectual.
I have yet to see episode 1 of Instinct but will record episode 2 this Sunday.
I'll find the first episode somewhere I'm sure so I can get in on the beginning.

Given the scope and subject matter of his class, I can't help but wonder when he gets around to discussing mass murder versus Autism Spectrum Disorder. :eek:

Then again perhaps CBS writers know better than to even go there. That hopefully he'll work full time for the police, conveniently skirting around this scenario. ;)

Last edited:
Just watched first two episodes.
I like it and will watch it on VOD due to sports timing
on Sunday nights I can't depend on VCR.

Watched Season finale of The Good Doctor this week.
Can't wait for Season two date to be announced.
Really caught up in that one.

Awesome, I'll put it on my list. Rewatched star trek discovery, big bang and sherlock recently.

New Threads

Top Bottom