• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New nerd on board

That's awesome! I picked up photography 2 years ago (thanks, stimulus money) and I'm really liking it so far, even when I know I'm making hugely obvious mistakes the whole time :)

Got any links to your shots? I'd love to check them out

There is a link in my signature

Hey, I started with the drums too! Feel free to DM me if you want to nerd out about music, dogs (I own 5 and they're basically my children), production or EDM!

Also where is that quote from? I like it!
I have 6 dogs!!! What kind do you have?
If you’re talking about the quote about autism not being so bad, I’m not sure where I heard it lol

Pretty much, but it also works in reverse (png to wav), so it can make a lot of digital noise. Not to promote my own stuff too much, but I made a whole album of this stuff (clicking on any individual track goes into the whole process of how it was made):

Conversion Therapy, by Buskers

That's awesome! I used to be really into harsh noise a few years ago (I probably have a dozen or so netlabel releases floating around somewhere) and I still have a soft spot for this type of experimentation! I'll have to check out your other stuff too :)

2 pitbull mixes, 2 chihuahua mixes and a dachshund! What are yours?

Your dogs sound amazing!!!
I’m a huge fan of “Bully” dogs and highly involved in the community. I have 3 Dogo Argentinos (the breed in my avatar), a Pointer, a Newfoundland, and a Podengo Portugueso Pequeno.

I’m also a certified professional dog trainer and I compete in a ton of events. My career revolves around dogs and so does my entire life lol

There are lots of pictures of mine on here and lots of threads about them! You should post yours too :)

C30F6F92-7A58-431F-9033-8EFD2C4C4FE4.jpeg

I settled on Python after a lot of consideration, but mostly because everyone says it's the easiest to learn and I had a few use cases in mind for it.

For me, certain concepts were really easy to pick up on, and others (ones that neurotypicals seem to find easiest) can be the most difficult! I'm not sure how anyone else on the spectrum fares with this, but sometimes I wonder if having an instructor with ASD themselves makes the process any easier.

With that said, I highly recommend giving it a whirl if it's something you've been wanting to do. No matter how hard it is on some days, you can always find a really cool use for the new things you've learned and that kind of thing keeps me motivated at least :)

Yeah I wanted to learn solidity, but as I know nothing about coding currently i was also told I'd have a better time with python. Where did you find the resources for learning initially?

My laptop is currently broke, but I have been thinking about building a PC as I like playing with the 3D art programmes, but they do require a decent spec. Does coding require any high powered hardware? Or if I'm building for 3D should that be good enough regardless?

Yeah I wanted to learn solidity, but as I know nothing about coding currently i was also told I'd have a better time with python. Where did you find the resources for learning initially?

My laptop is currently broke, but I have been thinking about building a PC as I like playing with the 3D art programmes, but they do require a decent spec. Does coding require any high powered hardware? Or if I'm building for 3D should that be good enough regardless?

Mostly when you're first starting out you won't need any kind of awesome GPU or specs, but I've run into a little bit of trouble with graphics programming (especially 3D work) with my stock GPU. Since there's a lot you can do with 3D graphics programming (and even scripting), any setup that's good enough for 3D work should pretty much work just fine. Most coding can be done on a complete potato though!

I'm basically just using courses on Udemy because they're like 10 bucks on sale and keep me disciplined and motivated, but a lot of people just use Youtube lectures and code along to them just fine. There are a lot of great beginner tutorials that can get you up and running in about 10 minutes.

Also, you could definitely learn Python first and then transfer your skills over to Solidity as you continue learning. It seems like that's what a lot of people do since Python's syntax is really basic. I've been able to weave in and out of other languages with my current skill set, so they usually mirror each other quite a lot.

Your dogs sound amazing!!!
I’m a huge fan of “Bully” dogs and highly involved in the community. I have 3 Dogo Argentinos (the breed in my avatar), a Pointer, a Newfoundland, and a Podengo Portugueso Pequeno.

I’m also a certified professional dog trainer and I compete in a ton of events. My career revolves around dogs and so does my entire life lol

There are lots of pictures of mine on here and lots of threads about them! You should post yours too :)

View attachment 79351

He / she is so cute!

mimi.png

Here's one of mine. She was making funny faces at me and my wife made me take a bunch of pictures of her, lol

New Threads

Top Bottom