• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New nerd on board

Slime_Punk

 Please erase
V.I.P Member
Hey everyone. I was diagnosed with HFA as an adult 7 years ago and after many phases of denial I'm learning to accept that I'm stuck with it, and that I've got to make the most of it while I'm on this earth. This forum looks like a great place to meet and talk to others on the spectrum (I don't have anyone to talk to in that department IRL), so I decided to join :).

As far as the fun stuff goes, I like to produce music (I'm a huge modular nerd), design sounds, program visuals, and I'm currently learning how to code. If anyone wants so collaborate on anything or just nerd out with a like-minded soul, I'd love to meet you.

Thanks for having me here. I hope to stay for quite a while :)

Aw, well, hopefully after spending some time here you won’t feel as much that you’re “stuck with” your autism. I’m fairly pretty cool with mine nowadays. Welcome!

Welcome, fellow nerd! Huge amount of respect for people producing art. It’s so amazing when people can turn things in their head into art for other people to enjoy!

I can't do anything creative to save my life, so I appreciate those who can and do art, so there is something to appreciate. It makes things a bit better.

Welcome! My nerdiness revolves around Natural History, from deep time, through fossil collecting and taxonomy of aquatic macroinvertebrates.

Welcome! I'm also one of those who are not that creative and stands in awe of those who can imagine things and bring them to life. :)

Congratulations on coming to terms with who you are. Welcome to the forum and all of us here. It is a very interesting group.

I'm also a musician and a music nerd, and I'm 100% a creative type :)
I have studied audio engineering in college, a bit. There is another member on here that I talk about music production stuff with sometimes. I DJ too, occasionally, and I love EDM, but I'm more of an analog musician (drummer.)

I'm kind of a nerd, I guess, but an animal biology nerd, particularly cynology (I'm a certified professional dog trainer and behaviorist... I have memorized every single dog breed and all of their preferred traits, and I have a strong special interest in their coat color genetics. I am particularly fascinated by dilute coat colors in Border Collies.) Yes, definitely a nerd. Lol... sorry for rambling :confused:

Anyway, welcome! :) Happy to chat with you anytime if you'd like. Hope you like it here!

P.S.- Autism is not so bad once you accept being highly individual! You wouldn't rather that you were cut from the same mold as everyone else, would you? ;)
- Luca

Welcome to the forums.
It took a while for me to accept my autism diagnosis.
But, I'm fine with it now. I was a late in lifer diagnosed, so it was just a surprise.
Everything fit though and finding this forum with people I related to really helped. :)

Welcome, coding is something I've wanted to teach myself at some point to, how are you finding it and what language did you choose to learn?

Welcome, coding is something I've wanted to teach myself at some point to, how are you finding it and what language did you choose to learn?

I settled on Python after a lot of consideration, but mostly because everyone says it's the easiest to learn and I had a few use cases in mind for it.

For me, certain concepts were really easy to pick up on, and others (ones that neurotypicals seem to find easiest) can be the most difficult! I'm not sure how anyone else on the spectrum fares with this, but sometimes I wonder if having an instructor with ASD themselves makes the process any easier.

With that said, I highly recommend giving it a whirl if it's something you've been wanting to do. No matter how hard it is on some days, you can always find a really cool use for the new things you've learned and that kind of thing keeps me motivated at least :)

I'm also a musician and a music nerd, and I'm 100% a creative type :)
I have studied audio engineering in college, a bit. There is another member on here that I talk about music production stuff with sometimes. I DJ too, occasionally, and I love EDM, but I'm more of an analog musician (drummer.)

I'm kind of a nerd, I guess, but an animal biology nerd, particularly cynology (I'm a certified professional dog trainer and behaviorist... I have memorized every single dog breed and all of their preferred traits, and I have a strong special interest in their coat color genetics. I am particularly fascinated by dilute coat colors in Border Collies.) Yes, definitely a nerd. Lol... sorry for rambling :confused:

Anyway, welcome! :) Happy to chat with you anytime if you'd like. Hope you like it here!

P.S.- Autism is not so bad once you accept being highly individual! You wouldn't rather that you were cut from the same mold as everyone else, would you? ;)
- Luca

Hey, I started with the drums too! Feel free to DM me if you want to nerd out about music, dogs (I own 5 and they're basically my children), production or EDM!

Also where is that quote from? I like it!

Welcome!

I'm a photography nerd, my form of art... :)

That's awesome! I picked up photography 2 years ago (thanks, stimulus money) and I'm really liking it so far, even when I know I'm making hugely obvious mistakes the whole time :)

Got any links to your shots? I'd love to check them out

Welcome aboard. If you're interested in experimenting with image/sound, I found a free WAV2PNG converter a while back. I've used it for a few things just to play around with it. Link is below.

wav2png - audio to image converter

Whoa, heck yes! Thanks for the suggestion. Does it mostly produce glitch art?
Also, that reminds me of the VCV PNG player that turns it back into audio! I wonder what types of weird results you could get from passing formats back and forth!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums.
It took a while for me to accept my autism diagnosis.
But, I'm fine with it now. I was a late in lifer diagnosed, so it was just a surprise.
Everything fit though and finding this forum with people I related to really helped. :)

Wow, this is really inspiring. I hope to get to that point in life as well, and I think you're right about connecting with others who have it in order to help the process along. Thanks for sharing :)

New Threads

Top Bottom