• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

shinobi

I joined WrongPlanet but whilst I was registering I was banned for no apparent reason, I was listed as a "spammer" even though I had only just registered. Maybe the ceo is homophobic and hates LGBT people. I hope I'll be accepted here either way. I was diagnosed with ASD at a very young age, I used to be mute and everyone assumed that I was deaf but after a hearing test and being assessed by social services, I was told that I have Autism and learning disabilities. I started talking at age 4 or 5 and had speech therapy. My hobbies and interests are anime/manga, video games and computers.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

WrongPlanet is a cesspool and many people here, myself included, are from there. The Owner (Alex Plank) isn't Anti-LGBT, he just abandoned the site some time ago and the Moderators on there now do as they please with no remorse.

I've been here for over a year and my experience here has been nothing but fantastic. I've had a few spats with other members but the Staff here do everything they can to keep the peace as best as possible.

upload_2019-8-13_16-11-11.png

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

WrongPlanet is a cesspool and many people here, myself included, are from there. The Owner (Alex Plank) isn't Anti-LGBT, he just abandoned the site some time ago and the Moderators on there now do as they please with no remorse.

I've been here for over a year and my experience here has been nothing but fantastic. I've had a few spats with other members but the Staff here do everything they can to keep the peace as best as possible.

Thanks for letting me know, I thought it was a bit weird WrongPlanet banning me before I even started using my account. Now I know the ceo doesn't bother with it, I know to avoid it.

I hope my experience here will be as positive as your's, thank you for welcoming me here.

I signed up at WrongPlanet but couldn't get the chat feature to work.
Just as well it seems.
Welcome!

I signed up at WrongPlanet but couldn't get the chat feature to work.
Just as well it seems.
Welcome!

There seems to be a lot of problems on that site, I got banned just 1 second after registering. My best friend got banned too after registering. I believe a member here said that the CEO has left so maybe the site is no longer functioning well without the owner being in charge. Either way, I hope I have a good journey on this site. Thank you for welcoming me.

There seems to be a lot of problems on that site, I got banned just 1 second after registering. My best friend got banned too after registering. I believe a member here said that the CEO has left so maybe the site is no longer functioning well without the owner being in charge. Either way, I hope I have a good journey on this site. Thank you for welcoming me.

That site basically is one giant problem.

Their security doesnt work. Never has. It is infected with the unholy plague known as Cloudflare, you see. A "security" service that couldnt protect a block of cheese from a dead mouse.

The site routinely gets swarmed by bots (the security ignores them), hacked (security ignores that too), and other things (and let's not forget the broken captchas that can be bypassed if you click erratically enough).... but ACTUAL USERS? OMG they must be the bad guys. Better boot them or "check the browser" every 2 seconds. That funky auto-ban has happened since before the mods started getting snotty.

There are many, many reasons why I dont go to that site. Cloudflare is 572 of them. I've run into it on so many sites and clashed with it so many times, and I'll never, ever understand how it stays in business.

That place has been broken for years. Unlikely to get any fixes. And that's just the start of the problems. I once had a mod try to ban me. Why? Because I was being my usual self, and another user didnt like that, so he weaponized one of the mods at me. But I saw this coming, so I turned a different mod into a shield and blocked the ban.

I know I'm sarcastic as heck, but no, I'm not joking or exaggerating. That's what actually happened. The fact that it was even possible for such an event to occur on a forum was what got me to start looking for somewhere else to go.

I'll say this, I'm glad I found this place instead. Cant say I miss WP much.

Their security doesnt work. Never has. It is infected with the unholy plague known as Cloudflare, you see. A "security" service that couldnt protect a block of cheese from a dead mouse.
you are aware that this site also uses cloudflare/the great cloudwall?

you are aware that this site also uses cloudflare/the great cloudwall?

Aye, I am.

I'll put it this way though: after finding out about that (a couple of months ago I think, and I found out about it through the accursed thing acting up and waving broken captchas at me, because of course it did) I immediately took the time to go see if I could find a backup site to switch to in case this one ever starts losing cohesion. Granted THIS place actually has people running it that might try to DO things to stop the incoming derp if it should happen, but still.

But whatever. A problem (and topic) for another day. And not one of mine. I dont intend on pondering it much at this point.

I joined WrongPlanet but whilst I was registering I was banned for no apparent reason, I was listed as a "spammer" even though I had only just registered. Maybe the ceo is homophobic and hates LGBT people. I hope I'll be accepted here either way. I was diagnosed with ASD at a very young age, I used to be mute and everyone assumed that I was deaf but after a hearing test and being assessed by social services, I was told that I have Autism and learning disabilities. I started talking at age 4 or 5 and had speech therapy. My hobbies and interests are anime/manga, video games and computers.
Hi Shenobi

welcome to af.png

I'm sure you won't have a problem being accepted here.

That site basically is one giant problem.

The site routinely gets swarmed by bots (the security ignores them), hacked (security ignores that too), and other things (and let's not forget the broken captchas that can be bypassed if you click erratically enough).... but ACTUAL USERS? OMG they must be the bad guys. Better boot them or "check the browser" every 2 seconds. That funky auto-ban has happened since before the mods started getting snotty.

There are many, many reasons why I dont go to that site. Cloudflare is 572 of them. I've run into it on so many sites and clashed with it so many times, and I'll never, ever understand how it stays in business.

That place has been broken for years. Unlikely to get any fixes. And that's just the start of the problems. I once had a mod try to ban me. Why? Because I was being my usual self, and another user didnt like that, so he weaponized one of the mods at me. But I saw this coming, so I turned a different mod into a shield and blocked the ban.

I know I'm sarcastic as heck, but no, I'm not joking or exaggerating. That's what actually happened. The fact that it was even possible for such an event to occur on a forum was what got me to start looking for somewhere else to go.

I'll say this, I'm glad I found this place instead. Cant say I miss WP much.

That's terrible! I'm glad they auto banned me now. I was actually messaging Alex Plank on Twitter about the issue and he just used some excuse like "A previous user abused your IP address" which I know is a lie because my friend got banned too and because my WiFi home hub is still pretty new considering I bought it two months ago. Seriously though, that's just wrong you were judged for being yourself, I'd rather someone be sarcastic to me than being fake, fake people are the worse. Don't ever change yourself for anyone, always be yourself no matter what.

New Threads

Top Bottom