• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Aspie joining the forum

Kevin Norris

Greetings. I am Kevin Norris, an Aspie born and raised in Poway California and currently residing in Tucson Arizona. I found out about this place from TVtropes of all places, and this is my first autism specific forum. I decided to join in no small part because I haven’t had much contact with fellow Aspies and other neurodiverse people since I graduated high school in 2014. Particularly since I’ve been taking ASL classes for language credits in college, where there is a lot of mention of Deaf Culture and their various interactions with mainstream society including self image and attitudes towards treatment and what have you, I noticed some paralleles to Autism and Autism Culture. So, I figure that I ought to engage more with the autistic community online and possibly in person. (Well, maybe in person, there doesn’t seem to be much of a community in Tucson and I am Aspie so, maybe not...) So, anyways, here I am!

My main interest/thing that I’m in to is maritime history and ships. (Yet here I am in Arizona, not the best situation presently...) I also have interests in other vehicles to a lesser degree, and also enjoy historical fiction and science fiction. (Particularly if said fiction involves the presence of some sort of ship, even better if the operation of said ships are detailed.)

Well that’s about it so far, here I am!

upload_2018-9-22_16-49-9.png

I'm originally from Arizona. Conceived in Tuscon, born in Pheonix.
Now I live by Tampa Bay FL. Ships and water here!
giphy.gif

We
Greetings. I am Kevin Norris, an Aspie born and raised in Poway California and currently residing in Tucson Arizona. I found out about this place from TVtropes of all places, and this is my first autism specific forum. I decided to join in no small part because I haven’t had much contact with fellow Aspies and other neurodiverse people since I graduated high school in 2014. Particularly since I’ve been taking ASL classes for language credits in college, where there is a lot of mention of Deaf Culture and their various interactions with mainstream society including self image and attitudes towards treatment and what have you, I noticed some paralleles to Autism and Autism Culture. So, I figure that I ought to engage more with the autistic community online and possibly in person. (Well, maybe in person, there doesn’t seem to be much of a community in Tucson and I am Aspie so, maybe not...) So, anyways, here I am!

My main interest/thing that I’m in to is maritime history and ships. (Yet here I am in Arizona, not the best situation presently...) I also have interests in other vehicles to a lesser degree, and also enjoy historical fiction and science fiction. (Particularly if said fiction involves the presence of some sort of ship, even better if the operation of said ships are detailed.)

Well that’s about it so far, here I am!
Welcome! You'll find a very welcoming and supportive audience here.

New Threads

Top Bottom