• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Need Advice On HOA For Condoplex

Grumpy Cat

Does anyone know what to do about a HOA not doing the outside upkeep of our condoplex buildings? The people on the Board are not wanting to go into savings to fix buildings. We're having wood rot everywhere from shingles not being replaced and new wood not being treated. Some decks are actually unstable to walk on. The ones on the Board don't want to do an assessment because they don't want to pay out. People are coming to meetings complaining that they are getting water coming into their units from rain and mold is starting. Me and my neighbor are wondering if we can do an assessment on just our building and putting the money to just our building. I don't want to pay a couple thousand and have it going to someone else's building with people not even paying their dues. We don't know what to do.

Does anyone know what to do about a HOA not doing the outside upkeep of our condoplex buildings? The people on the Board are not wanting to go into savings to fix buildings. We're having wood rot everywhere from shingles not being replaced and new wood not being treated. Some decks are actually unstable to walk on. The ones on the Board don't want to do an assessment because they don't want to pay out. People are coming to meetings complaining that they are getting water coming into their units from rain and mold is starting. Me and my neighbor are wondering if we can do an assessment on just our building and putting the money to just our building. I don't want to pay a couple thousand and have it going to someone else's building with people not even paying their dues. We don't know what to do.

Sounds like you are asking if individual unit owners can obtain a variance or waiver to legally deviate from your HOA's CCRs. You'd ultimately need to hire an attorney to parse the homeowners association contract you signed to determine the viability of such an action. Not much point going beyond this until that can be ascertained, IMO.

New Threads

Top Bottom