• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My name is Vicky. I'm a teen girl with Asperger's.

VicksterTheGreat

Hi everyone,

My name is Vicky. I am 17 years old and live in Canada. I am a borderline Aspie.

I've always had social troubles.

I knew I was different from other kids, I just did not know what was wrong with me. I found out last year that I had Asperger's after I suspected that the common symptoms were very similar to my own traits.

I love the show Big Bang Theory. I can relate to that show so easily. I feel like I can relate to some things that the characters have (not being able to get a boyfriend/girlfriend, being too honest in certain situations).

I know there are not many teen girl with Asperger's out there. All the "normal" girls are into clothes, make-up and being boy crazy. I'm into technology and artsy stuff.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Hi Vicky,
You are correct, that you are in a group of a select few. I am disappointed to hear you say that having Aspergers is "Having something Wrong With You" There is nothing wrong with us. Aspergers is just a label used by most to describe how few act. We are diffwerent. What is important is that you understand what you have and how best to use it. You will do Awesome!
Look here ofr god stories, advice and similarity when you get to feeling alone. There are a lot more of us than you think.

Hi Vicky! Welcome to Aspies Central.

As Peace said, don't feel that you have anything wrong with you. Having Asperger syndrome is something many of us Aspies are proud of. We're a unique, one-of-a-kind group of individuals. And there are so many wonderful people here that are so understanding if you ever need anything (we're so close that I like to call this community a close-knit family). Feel free to chat with us any time, and I hope you enjoy everything we have to offer.

New Threads

Top Bottom