• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My Little Introduction

Welcome to the forums. This is a good group and we are open to nice, new people like you seem to be. (-: Jump in and get to know us!

Penguindrum is by the same director behind Revolutionary Girl Utena. Which if you're unfamiliar with was his first true creative outlet after being restricted on what he could do within Sailor Moon where he was director of many episodes as well as a movie. Penguindrum is an even further distortion of what the genre can be and gets a bit esoteric but it's one of my all time favorites.

Yet despite all that creativity, I love Princess Tutu even more haha. Would love to know your thoughts if you ever get around to it, it's not a show I've been able to share my love for with most because its aesthetic (and name alone really) push people away. Fairy tales and ballet, you know?

Honestly couldn't tell you. I suspect there's an element of convenient isolation to it, just like videogames. For most people it's also rather removed from local culture, which ends up enhancing that escapism capability.

When it comes down to it for me though, I've just always loved animation as an artform and it's no controversial statement to say that japan has the greatest and most easily accessed variety of genre within that medium, notoriously even being behind all of the animation in classic american cartoons like Transformers and Voltron, as well as some european ones like Dommel or Moomins. There's also generally more interesting styles of animation to the point of individual key animators gaining fame, something you will never hear of in the world of pixar for example.
Now plenty of independent artists easily compete with japan in terms of creativity, but those tend to lean towards off-kilter shorts and movies, frequent melancholic content. And as awesome as works like The Wolf House or Wasteland are, they will never really scratch the full itch of what I know there is to get out of animation.
Ah, RGU is still on my watch list. Now I'll have to watch Princess Tutu as well, seems to be up my alley ;)

Hello, @Mildew2002! I am new, too. I wasn’t going to introduce myself to the community (too shy), but your introduction post inspired me to take a chance and do so! Seems like an interesting place, I hope we both enjoy it.

Hello, @Mildew2002! I am new, too. I wasn’t going to introduce myself to the community (too shy), but your introduction post inspired me to take a chance and do so! Seems like an interesting place, I hope we both enjoy it.
Hi! I’m glad you felt comfortable introducing yourself! So far everyone has been very friendly, I think I will stick around :)

So far everyone has been very friendly, I think I will stick around :)

Hello there, and yes this is a friendly and accepting forum. I can attest to the fact that it is unlike any other forum that I have tried and that is over many years. I am happy that you have decided to interact with the community. May you find only comfort here.

Welcome! :)
Others have already basically said what I was going to say, that this is a very accepting and friendly place for the most part and I hope you like it here and get to know everyone :)

Hi everyone, I’ve been going through a bit of rough patch with feeling a bit lonely and isolated recently. I stumbled across this forum and decided to join, so I wanted to introduce myself :)

I’m 19 years old and from the United States. Even when I was very young, I always felt like I was different from other people. In school, I was very quiet and kept to myself. I couldn’t keep friends and often had very isolated interests. Like many of us, I was also bullied by my classmates for not acting “normal.” Things only got worse for me as I moved onto middle school and started having mental health struggles as well. At age 16, I was finally diagnosed with autism and it took a huge weight off my shoulders.

A little about me: I love art in it’s many forms. For me, that includes drawing (I’ve been doodling for as long as I can remember, and drawing digitally since I was 9), and writing. My long-time special interest has been anime and manga, especially those that have been released from the 70’s to the 90’s. As an extension of that, I like collecting anime figurines, along with stuffed animals and crystals. Some other things I like are animals and video games, most of which are sim games.

With that being said, if you’re an autistic adult and are interested in any of those things, feel free to reach out ☺️ I am a little shy to respond, but will try to come around to it eventually. Looking forward to meeting you all!

-Milly

Also, I draw and collect stuffed animals too, and animal figurines :)
If you would like to share and talk about those things with me, let me know!
- Luca

Also, I draw and collect stuffed animals too, and animal figurines :)
If you would like to share and talk about those things with me, let me know!
- Luca
That’s really cool! What do you like to draw? I’ve always liked doing anime/cartoon and video game characters, as well as my own original designs. Are the plush you collect all animals? I collect anime plush as well as Squishmallows. I used to try and win plush on Toreba crane, and I actually won a couple of times, but didn’t win enough to justify really keeping the app.

That’s really cool! What do you like to draw? I’ve always liked doing anime/cartoon and video game characters, as well as my own original designs. Are the plush you collect all animals? I collect anime plush as well as Squishmallows. I used to try and win plush on Toreba crane, and I actually won a couple of times, but didn’t win enough to justify really keeping the app.

I mostly draw portraits, people and animals. Mostly dogs, since dogs are my special interest.
That's awesome that you collect Squishmallows! I have a few but I don't have that many.
I collect plush animals (dogs and cats), and mostly realistic ones, which some people find really creepy but I think they're cute. I also have a lot of unicorns :)
I would love to see your artwork and your plushes! There are a few threads where you can share things you collect.

I mostly draw portraits, people and animals. Mostly dogs, since dogs are my special interest.
That's awesome that you collect Squishmallows! I have a few but I don't have that many.
I collect plush animals (dogs and cats), and mostly realistic ones, which some people find really creepy but I think they're cute. I also have a lot of unicorns :)
I would love to see your artwork and your plushes! There are a few threads where you can share things you collect.

you´re cute.

That sounds awesome! I think that I may put some of my recent art in the visual arts thread, and will look for the one about collections :)

New Threads

Top Bottom