• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My latest obsession

Dr. Smart

So I've been thinking a lot about the concept of Identity I determined that I might like to make some youtube videos regarding the topic, and have been non stop thinking about different aspects of identity and how it affects peoples behaviors and choices, however I have not done extensive research on the subject, tonight i decided to start doing so and I discovered some things pointing me in the right direction... Sociology "the study of the development, structure, and functioning of human society." and while that may not be the main a topic I've considered looking in to a lot, many of my interests fall into that category so I guess I am going to be researching that now...

anyways I want to make multiple videos about different aspects of identity and the way i'd like to do it is to analyse that aspect in different media, like the differences and similarities of Vegeta and Goku's sense of pride from the dragon ball franchise and how it affects their attitudes, or the reason Batman is able to claim his "true name" is Batman when under the influence of Wonder Woman's Lasso of truth. There are so many angles to approach these topics that it makes me spend hours thinking about them, but I know if I don't do my research, I will inevitably fail to create coherent and accurate explanations or advanced enough analysis to keep the topics interesting

Is anyone else here interested in sociology? I am doing independent research but since I am new to researching the topic I don't have much to go off of, also it might help to bounce ideas off of anyone who finds this interesting as well ^^

Sounds interesting. I haven't done much research in that subject. But, how people identify and social development and structures could be interesting to an Aspie since we seem to develope in different ways to the majorities.
In fact I have been thinking about how to make a post on development stages and perhaps a game like way of describing self identity with single words that would form a picture to others that have never even seen each other.

Sounds interesting. I haven't done much research in that subject. But, how people identify and social development and structures could be interesting to an Aspie since we seem to develope in different ways to the majorities.
In fact I have been thinking about how to make a post on development stages and perhaps a game like way of describing self identity with single words that would form a picture to others that have never even seen each other.

yeah I think my aspergers gives me an interesting perspective, I like to analyse aspects of my own identity but also how and why i differ from others so I definitely think its a motivator in this new obsession, and one of the topics i wanted to cover was how aspergers affect peoples internal and external identites so i might have to make a forum about that in the future too ^^

So a game like I would say a word like "skeptic" or "fanboy" and you would respond with a single word and we just keep throwing out responses 1 word at a time, and then after a while see if we can come up with a general synopsis of the others self identity?

my only issue is one thing with identity is that we typically will relate to certain things that are actually rather generic, its how horoscopes work, you see a list of traits that are typical to everyone and even if they aren't specific to your own self image, you find ways to relate to all the traits and establish an identity based around a list of traits that is actually rather arbitrary. its why self misdiagnosis is so common... so a game like that would lead to a lot of issues with people adjusting their self image to fit the identity instead of the identity being descriptive of the individual...

sorry i overthink everything >.<

yeah I think my aspergers gives me an interesting perspective, I like to analyse aspects of my own identity but also how and why i differ from others so I definitely think its a motivator in this new obsession, and one of the topics i wanted to cover was how aspergers affect peoples internal and external identites so i might have to make a forum about that in the future too ^^

So a game like I would say a word like "skeptic" or "fanboy" and you would respond with a single word and we just keep throwing out responses 1 word at a time, and then after a while see if we can come up with a general synopsis of the others self identity?

my only issue is one thing with identity is that we typically will relate to certain things that are actually rather generic, its how horoscopes work, you see a list of traits that are typical to everyone and even if they aren't specific to your own self image, you find ways to relate to all the traits and establish an identity based around a list of traits that is actually rather arbitrary. its why self misdiagnosis is so common... so a game like that would lead to a lot of issues with people adjusting their self image to fit the identity instead of the identity being descriptive of the individual...

sorry i overthink everything >.<

Quite alright. But, it might be worth a try and some fun. I was thinking instead of one word at a time, make a list of words that describe different aspects of yourself. Then the next person the same.
It might bring out the true you as we like individuality. Or at least I do.

New Threads

Top Bottom