• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My hobby is making me want to die

Glad to hear that you're thinking of sticking with it! Those sound like great goals and I think they're totally achievable. Hope you're able to be patient with yourself and not beat yourself up while trying, there's A LOT to learn about the game and it takes time. I've been playing it for years and still only have like a 50/50 win/loss rate.

I think focusing on secondaries and survivability are great places to start. The shift to incorporating secondaries into your strategies can be pretty tricky but really pays off. It's still something I struggle with, I learned to play in the day of "just blow everything off the table."

Survivability can also be really tough this edition since everything is super killy. The terrain rules and defensive placement are your friends, some armies can afford to be super aggressive and barrel up the board but most need to have a mix of that and being cagey.

A big part of winning matches too is knowing what your opponent's army is capable of. If you aren't already, I'd recommend chatting with them before had to get an idea of what their different units can do in terms of movement, damage output and toughness. Again battle reports are great for this too.

In terms of buying stuff, I think it's different for everyone. I usually only get stuff once or twice a year just because I already have so much stuff that I haven't finished painting. If not winning is having an impact on how much you're enjoying yourself, I'd focus on getting the stuff that'll make your army stronger and more fun to play.

What faction do you play and what are you looking to get?
Thank you for the advice. I currently play Necrons and Deathwatch, and I have over 2k points for both. I was planning on getting a five-model lot of Khorne Berzerkers to turn one of them into a Deathwatch marine and then sell the rest. It's part of a plan I have to create a kill team of traitor marines. Does it break lore? yes. Is it fun? Also yes. I was also considering getting a chaplain on a bike not only for his litanies, but so I can use a relic that teleports a unit to him.

The secondaries on securing objectives are hard for me since it either goes my guys get to it and then die, or I can't reach any and my opponent takes them and gets a **** ton of VP. This has led to me focusing on enemies on killing units instead of securing objectives.

Thank you for the advice. I currently play Necrons and Deathwatch, and I have over 2k points for both. I was planning on getting a five-model lot of Khorne Berzerkers to turn one of them into a Deathwatch marine and then sell the rest. It's part of a plan I have to create a kill team of traitor marines. Does it break lore? yes. Is it fun? Also yes. I was also considering getting a chaplain on a bike not only for his litanies, but so I can use a relic that teleports a unit to him.

The secondaries on securing objectives are hard for me since it either goes my guys get to it and then die, or I can't reach any and my opponent takes them and gets a **** ton of VP. This has led to me focusing on enemies on killing units instead of securing objectives.
Oof, those are some tough armies to play right now. Not only do they have a ton of really army specific rules to keep track of during each game but there's a ton of other factions out there that are just outright stronger and cheaper.

But I LOVE the traitor kill team idea, so f-ing metal. Do it for sure and post pics when they're done please : D Bike chappies are super strong and durable right now and could really give your army a boost.

I like that you're trying different types of secondaries too if a certain approach hasn't been working out. It's taken me a while to figure which secondaries work best for each of my armies, have you been trying the faction specific ones from the newest Chapter Approved? I heard that the Necrons ones are especially good but don't know much about the deathwatch ones.

Oof, those are some tough armies to play right now. Not only do they have a ton of really army specific rules to keep track of during each game but there's a ton of other factions out there that are just outright stronger and cheaper.

But I LOVE the traitor kill team idea, so f-ing metal. Do it for sure and post pics when they're done please : D Bike chappies are super strong and durable right now and could really give your army a boost.

I like that you're trying different types of secondaries too if a certain approach hasn't been working out. It's taken me a while to figure which secondaries work best for each of my armies, have you been trying the faction specific ones from the newest Chapter Approved? I heard that the Necrons ones are especially good but don't know much about the deathwatch ones.
Thank you for your comment on the traitor kill team. I've got two of the nine traitor legions down right now. I know where I can get a plague marine and noise marine weapons, and I'm keeping an eye out on good Chaos Space Marine deals.

I have been looking at faction approved secondaries. I don't know if they're from the newest Chapter Approved though. Necrons are good, but I haven't had a chance to use them yet. Deathwatch's aren't the best and not really worth taking most of the time.

Hello there!

I started on the hobby for the minis, I played Hero Quest at that time, Space Hulk, Blood Bowl, also tried some matchs at WH and WH40k. I even buy some great minis just for painting them. I still have with me the forest dragon... It was so amazing 25 years ago.

IMG_20220925_214231.jpg

After 20 years of not playing, and even with most of my miniatures unpainted, they are still important for me. A very important part of the hobby happens in our minds, we imagine the worlds, the troops, the lore...

I have had simmilar game experiences, Im my case I am a quite good strategy player but people would get mad at me, angry, they would cheat, lie... So I stopped playing face to face. It was so toxic for me to enjoy.

Even playing Risk I knew all the others would destroy me first to keep playing after that. There are very few people I can play with.

I hope you may find a way to enjoy your matchs, maybe someone could teach you. Many good players (like I was) are happy to teach others. At least I was happy to teach.

Today you can play on pc to many WH40k games, some of them are strategy and others are action oriented. There are even some MMORPG games, I think.

My first day in the university I was invited to play a Blood Bowl game by the tabletop games club... The guy who invited me asked if I had experience. I said not much, because I had just played vs myself for years (so autistic, lol). So he was so happy to get some experience and money vs a noob. I killed 3 of his more experienced players and he throwed me his minis! That was the first and the last time I played face to face Blood Bowl.

Wish you good luck, and take care of your money. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom