• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My city is boring! Or at least my first reaction...

I stopped by a local coffee shop and one of the books for customers to read was the "Humans of New York" photo book (I don't live in New York)
I also wish I lived somewhere more interesting. I'm somewhat jealous of photographers who live in the mountains or next to an ocean. Getting heart-stopping images is like shooting fish in a barrel for them. The area I work is mostly flat, mostly devoid of trees, and the wildlife are NOT co-operative. I turn myself inside out trying to find fresh perspectives on outings with a camera.

Last edited:
I also wish I lived somewhere more interesting. I'm somewhat jealous of photographers who live in the mountains or next to an ocean. Getting heart-stopping images is like shooting fish in a barrel for them. The area I work is mostly flat, mostly devoid of trees, and the wildlife are NOT co-operative. I turn myself inside out trying to find fresh perspectives on outings with a camera.

Hah!

I had ridden by the south wall of the old Victoria Memorial Arena thousands of times, and had even worked there for a few weeks. Then, a B&W photo of it was run in the weekly newspaper, and I was just blown away by the winter-bare ivy covering it.
Here's another B&W wonder: The Nearly Lost 1950s Street Photos of NYC And Chicago by Vivian Maier Were Discovered Only After Her Death
These days, I'd go hunting for fresh snowdrifts, icicles, frost on windows, backlit "steam," tracks on fresh snow, hoarfrost in the sun, cold kitties, birds, and unusual seasonal clothing.
I have a friend on Staten Island, and was astonished that he is that close to NYC with deer, coyotes, and driftwood beach huts around.
HubIce.JPG

Well, if you were famous, it would be harder to photograph people surreptitiously?
If you were really famous, then other photographers/ paparazzi would be hounding you?

Your glass has liquid at the half mark, Is it half full or half empty?

PS- your photography is very good!

I don't follow? I've been walking the same chunk of the Strathmore Pathways for 2.5 years. Getting hard to find different ways of shooting the same thing. I have worked it to death and back again.
Do you have weather, seasons, or other changes? A friend asked me for a picture of her house, and it took four months for the right light to appear. When I move to a new area, I tend to take a lot of pictures of the novelty, but finding the great art can happen any time.
A friend of mine had a photography studio downtown, and the alley behind it ended in a big white wall, visible from the street. One nice summer evening, he put a slide show on it, and told people the show was free, but he wanted them to guess where the pictures of flowers had been taken when he finished. After they had guessed all the local parks, etc, he finally revealed that all the pictures had been taken in that alley, using a macro lens.

New Threads

Top Bottom