• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

My 12yo son with a PDD-NOS diagnosis "wants to live in the past". Can't figure it out.

Thank you so much for all your comments. They are all precious to me.

So, as time has passed this has become in some instances worse. For example, my son now does not like "modern music", which would be most music on the radio. Last week we wanted to buy ice cream on small store in a gas station, but there was music playing inside the store. My son couldn't stand it. He had to choose the ice cream he wanted from outside the store, pointing through the looking glass. Yesterday we went to a electronics store and had pretty much de same situation, he wouldn't enter the store because of the music.

He does also cover his ears when a airplane is passing, because its sound is "from the modernity".

I think this might be just part of the condition, and we all just have to bear with it. My girlfriend, on the other hand, is quite concerned, and is afraid this might be a symptom of something else, maybe something worse.

Should we be worried about this? how should we help him cope with this situation?

New Threads

Top Bottom