• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Music videos we can relate to as AS peps!?

Not sure if anyone watches, or likes American Idol? But, I've known and understood the Radiohead version for years...Jena really got to me with her performance! This song has to make sense to most Aspies, I know it does me.

This one is for all you Aspies who had difficulties in your past and keep on walking despite existing in a world that misunderstands us all.

I also love the melody of this song :D
My phone won't load it in the app or on YouTube..? What song is it so I can look it up?

Ok and this one. I promise I'm done now. I think.

Ok, that used to be the theme song for my nightly walks to the beach when I was in high school. I'm getting a bit of a music induced flashback now. I was crazy about those songs (and Björk). No one I knew seemed to share that opinion, which made them even more part of my own little semi-imaginary universe of the time.

I remember first seeing the It's Oh So Quiet video while my sister was watching MTV. I wasn't that much into music yet, that took another year or so, but I really liked that one. Especially the shh-ing and screaming parts, and the general spazziness of it all. Also, around 2:43 there's an advertising sign of a baker in the background, the same sign as one of the bakers in my town used. Oh Yeah.

And Human Behaviour (to be more on topic):

Oh, Human Behaviour is one of my faves, as is Venus As A Boy :) I saw Björk live when I was 17, my first ever concert and she was perfection.

Is anyone else having problems getting the AC app to load most of these, and when I tell it to play on YouTube that app pops up only to the home screen, any help would be appreciated. (Also in AC app I get the message that "Vevo" videos won't play and to watch it in YouTube)

I have really liked the songs of REM as they were at the height of their popularity as I was growing up. I'm honestly still not sure what all of the symbolism and imagery in this video is exactly supposed to mean..but I know how it is to feel like the spotlight is on me in social attempts (as in many cases I would stand to the side or find a quieter corner to try and find some level of comfort, but then I'm just the "weird quiet guy in the corner") and hearing laughter, thinking it must be on my behalf. When I have attempted to actively interact with a group verbally I can ramble on and on with topics that may not be of the same level of interest to those listening...Oh no, I've said to much! ;)

This one is for all you Aspies who had difficulties in your past and keep on walking despite existing in a world that misunderstands us all.

Still haven't gotten it to load (looks like maybe it's "learning to walk again" but that's just my educated guess...?? I'd be grateful if you could tell me so I can do my own YouTube search as the two apps don't seem to speak to each other on my phone... :)

"Never Take Us Alive" by Madina Lake

"Me Against The World" by Simple Plan

"Closer To The Stars" by Star One
(This one was actually a tribute to a sci-fi film called 'Gattaca', but I feel it fits with us and overcoming discrimination/stereotypes).

A few more:

"Welcome To My Life" by Simple Plan

"Through My Eyes" by Scott James

"Perfect" by Simple Plan
(As someone who doesn't have a good relationship with my Dad, this song is one I do like).

"Strength Of A Heart" (Autism 2014 Theme Song)

Question, before I contribute: Does it have to be the videos, or will just the songs suffice?

What about Alanis morissette's In praise of the vulnerable man? I really feel it was wrote with Aspies in mind. Its kind of my theme song right now. Mike

I wrote this song before I had even heard of aspergers now I think that might be what I was writing about

New Threads

Top Bottom