• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What types of Music do you like?

• Total voters

Georgia Galaxy

Georgie Girl <3
V.I.P Member
I hope you enjoy, Ayy this is my first poll! ^^ I'd really like to know! Explain more in the comments.
Sadly I can't add any more options now, the last option would be Video Game Music. :p

Last edited:
When I was younger, it was basically all that you listed. Now it's jazz and classical, with some pop (Beach Boys, Stereolab, High Llamas). I didn't pick anything because the closest was "instrumental," but I feel that doesn't quite cover it. Interesting thread idea, though. I'm curious what people say.

When I was younger, it was basically all that you listed. Now it's jazz and classical, with some pop (Beach Boys, Stereolab, High Llamas). I didn't pick anything because the closest was "instrumental," but I feel that doesn't quite cover it. Interesting thread idea, though. I'm curious what people say.
Awh that's so awesome, same for me too cause I have heard all of them ^^ Although Lo-Fi, Instrumental and Video Game + Chill or Ambient music tends to speak to me the most -w- Woahhhhhh, Beach Boys are so cool and fun :33 . Thank you for answering ^0^!

I basically exclusively listen to 80s and 90s Jpop, anime [mostly magical girl and shoujo] and tokusatsu OSTs, Kpop, and new wave.

That's not to say I don't listen to other stuff, but like if you go through my music files on my phone - that's probably 90 to 95% of what I listen to.

Mostly electronic music (EDM), and folk/ethnic music, Dubstep, modern classical/instrumental, and metal.
Quite the range lol

I like rock and alternative the most. I listen to a lot of music from my dads playlist. When I was a baby, I really liked listening to Linkin Park and I remember my favorite song was Crawling. My dad said I would head bang to that song whenever it would come on when I was two years old.

I have moderately broad tastes but I'm also pretty generic for my age and growing up in Australia. So pop and rock from 60s to 80s and my collection trailing off to around 2000. Nothing much new since then.

my favourite genre is Baroque music, although I like some earlier Renaissance and Medieval music as well. Hildegard von Bingen is becoming a favourite of mine! Plainchant also is very pretty.

Primarily video game soundtracks for me.

I'll give a few examples because I dont know how to describe this. These are all from the same game since that's what I've been listening to recently. There's a certain "style" represented by these first two, I'm not sure what to call it, but both of these songs have it:

And then the next two are a bit different. There's a type of music often seen in games of this sort that seems primarily composed/designed with the intent of driving up tension or panic in the player, for whatever reason I tend to like that sort a lot, so here's a couple:

There, that's enough for now.

I could seriously keep listing examples all day from all sorts of games, but those are the ones I've been into lately (also I've been playing that game a lot lately).

And yes I know I posted in the "video game soundtrack" topic before but these specific ones werent in there. Had to upload these myself, actually. I actually dont know what the names are for these tracks, so I just titled the videos based on what is happening in the game or what is present at the times these tracks are played.

I basically exclusively listen to 80s and 90s Jpop, anime [mostly magical girl and shoujo] and tokusatsu OSTs, Kpop, and new wave.

That's not to say I don't listen to other stuff, but like if you go through my music files on my phone - that's probably 90 to 95% of what I listen to.
Gosh darn, that's so cool!!! I really like your taste and I agree with it. Have you heard Mariya Takeuchi and Ginger Root ^w^?

Primarily video game soundtracks for me.

I'll give a few examples because I dont know how to describe this. These are all from the same game since that's what I've been listening to recently. There's a certain "style" represented by these first two, I'm not sure what to call it, but both of these songs have it:

And then the next two are a bit different. There's a type of music often seen in games of this sort that seems primarily composed/designed with the intent of driving up tension or panic in the player, for whatever reason I tend to like that sort a lot, so here's a couple:

There, that's enough for now.

I could seriously keep listing examples all day from all sorts of games, but those are the ones I've been into lately (also I've been playing that game a lot lately).

And yes I know I posted in the "video game soundtrack" topic before but these specific ones werent in there. Had to upload these myself, actually. I actually dont know what the names are for these tracks, so I just titled the videos based on what is happening in the game or what is present at the times these tracks are played.
Thank you so much for sharing, I shall check it out soon <3 I shall send two that I've thought of right now:
and https://youtu.be/sBxeUQWjRWQ

I have moderately broad tastes but I'm also pretty generic for my age and growing up in Australia. So pop and rock from 60s to 80s and my collection trailing off to around 2000. Nothing much new since then.
I'm also Aussie ^^ Yours is pretty cool don't worry. Must be fun and it is relaxing <: )

I like rock and alternative the most. I listen to a lot of music from my dads playlist. When I was a baby, I really liked listening to Linkin Park and I remember my favorite song was Crawling. My dad said I would head bang to that song whenever it would come on when I was two years old.
I knew what you meant as soon as you said Crawling, I could hear the song play.

All of mine aren't on there! Mostly metal, hardcore and electronic for me. Lots of subgenre and microgenre deep-dives on each of them

New Threads

Top Bottom