• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Most stupid internet trends?

Spending all day on some device or other, practically married to the thing.

Yes, thank you.

Dont get me wrong: I grew up with computers and other technology, and it's been a huge focus in my life. But I still find myself really baffled when I see anyone just... sitting there staring at their phones for 8 hours a day. Not even interacting with it, but JUST staring.

Though I've also always felt the same way about traditional TV and such too.

Cooking chicken marinated in NyQuil.

Following people they don't even know and saying or asking really creepy or inappropriate things

The carnivore diet, where people eat only meat or non-vegan foods, and nothing that's from a plant, not even french fries or popcorn. They might be just doing it to troll vegans, but the stuff they eat looks disgusting, like greasy hamburger and heavy cream mixed together.

The Tide Pod challenge

The cinnamon challenge

People being 196% more horrible than usual during the pandemic that should have been incinerated by bolts of lightning because they took sips from unbought bottles of juice, refused to wear masks or harrassed other people who were.

Breaking into people's houses and hanging out like they own the place when the people who live aren't home.

Following people they don't even know and saying or asking really creepy or inappropriate things

Do you have any more info on that? That is very shady

In Australia it's mostly Instgrammers that get in to trouble trying to get the perfect selfie with a spectacular view behind themselves. So many of them take one step backwards too many and fall from great heights.

That and too many foreigners that go for a swim in the ocean even though they're not very good swimmers. 99% of drownings in Australia are either foreign tourists or recent migrants.

Tourists fall to their death from the rims of the Grand Canyon every year, trying to take perfect selfies. Vanity can be a real killer.

Every time we vacation in the Yucatan, I see tourists go swimming in the ocean while red or yellow flags are flying on the beaches. I guess they don't realize what those flags mean, or they think they're immortal.

Tourists fall to their death from the rims of the Grand Canyon every year, trying to take perfect selfies. Vanity can be a real killer.

Every time we vacation in the Yucatan, I see tourists go swimming in the ocean while red or yellow flags are flying on the beaches. I guess they don't realize what those flags mean, or they think they're immortal.
There is something ironic about the self absorption of selfies and being so unaware of your surroundings to the point of falling off a cliff. Almost like a modern parable.

I haven't been to the beach in years. Just recalling such conditions in Southern California where no such warnings were posted and my cousin and I nearly drowned in unforeseen riptides circa 1970.

I read a news article about young women asking their potential future husbands/boyfriends to peel an orange for them in order to judge how loving that person will be in the future. "Good" husband material supposedly will carefully peel the orange and remove all the little strings attached to each segment. Good thing I didn't rely on such a silly test when I met my husband!

I haven't been to the beach in years. Just recalling such conditions in Southern California where no such warnings were posted and my cousin and I nearly drowned in unforeseen riptides circa 1970.

Florida and Gulf Coast beaches fly the warning flags in areas where lots of tourists accumulate. There is no warning at remote beaches so common sense and a quick review of the weather is critical. I've nearly drowned several times in the ocean, to the point that I really don't like going out further than knee deep because I'm no longer a strong swimmer. Too old! ;)

I read a news article about young women asking their potential future husbands/boyfriends to peel an orange for them in order to judge how loving that person will be in the future. "Good" husband material supposedly will carefully peel the orange and remove all the little strings attached to each segment. Good thing I didn't rely on such a silly test when I met my husband!
ROTFL. Oh my.

Such a relief to know I'm "good husband" material, single aged 68.

Good OCD husband, that is. ;)

Many years ago in the UK there was "happy slapping" where people would literally slap random strangers on the street while others filmed it, or filmed themselves doing it.

Wow. Slapping random strangers. They could just make a big sign instead that reads "Please kick my butt" and walk around with that.

There's a lot of different factors involved. A lot of people simply don't believe the signs and warnings we have everywhere. I spoke to a couple of German girls one day, they were asking about camping spots in Kunnanurra, on the Ord River. I described a good spot right on the river banks for them but warned them not to try swimming in that river because of the crocs. One of the girls laughed and said "Nah, they just put those signs up to attract the tourists.".

With a lot of beaches it's also a case of monkey see, monkey do. Swimming lessons are compulsory for all Australian children, we learn from a very young age as most of us will spend a lot of our youth swimming and surfing. We are experienced, but also lazy. We deliberately use the rip currents for body surfing. You let a rip pull you out to sea, then you swim to one side and catch a wave back in again. Tourists see that the people not swimming between the flags appear to be having a lot more fun than they are.

There's also some very conservative cultures that won't allow their wives or daughters to be seen scantily dressed in public places. They will only swim at deserted places where if they get in to trouble there's no one around to help them.

By the way - all beaches are free in Australia. It's illegal to run a business here that will in any way restrict people's access to the water.

I described a good spot right on the river banks for them but warned them not to try swimming in that river because of the crocs. One of the girls laughed and said "Nah, they just put those signs up to attract the tourists.".

Yeah, to attract tourists so the crocs get fed. 😱

The blackout challenge

Making grilled cheese sandwiches in a toaster

Mukbang. Why would anyone want to watch videos of people stuffing themselves with unhealthy amounts of food? It's just gross. Must be a fetish, like everything else now.

Animal "rescue" videos where it looks as if the people in the videos are saving an animal in distress, but the rescue is fake and the animals are being abused and it's evil and these excuses for people need to be arrested.

Elsagate, where popular characters from children's media, such as Elsa from Frozen, are ripped off and put in videos that are graphic and disturbing.

I did not care for the Budweiser commercial.

did not care much for this "Wassap" BS

didn't like it. found it disturbing and annoying

and yet..... it insists....it insists itself.

it insists upon itself being relevant.

brainwashing people.

The Internet sucks. We should outlaw Internet trends and put more money into making sure our public school teachers get paid enough to make it a more competitive market so we have higher quality educators.

New Threads

Top Bottom