• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Most stupid internet trends?

I remember in my city once there were rumours that some guy was going around ripping people's ears off, but I'm not sure if that was true.
In Bristol there was the Bristol pusher, rumours about a guy who pushed people in the canal. It became a meme on YouTube, there is a gaming channel where one of the members jokingly claims to be the Bristol pusher and others make references to it.

There was an article in a newspaper the other day, about something called tik-tok challenges.
In Australia it's mostly Instgrammers that get in to trouble trying to get the perfect selfie with a spectacular view behind themselves. So many of them take one step backwards too many and fall from great heights.

That and too many foreigners that go for a swim in the ocean even though they're not very good swimmers. 99% of drownings in Australia are either foreign tourists or recent migrants.

In Bristol there was the Bristol pusher, rumours about a guy who pushed people in the canal. It became a meme on YouTube, there is a gaming channel where one of the members jokingly claims to be the Bristol pusher and others make references to it.

I think 5 years ago there was a Manchester pusher too, wonder if they found him

Many years ago in the UK there was "happy slapping" where people would literally slap random strangers on the street while others filmed it, or filmed themselves doing it.

There was a more recent trend of walking into random people's houses just to film their reactions, but luckily the police quickly intervened in that one.
I remember a happy slap fail where they slapped the wrong guy walking with his girlfriend. He knew some kind of martial art and he beat up the bullies in self defense

I remember a happy slap fail where they slapped the wrong guy walking with his girlfriend. He knew some kind of martial art and he beat up the bullies in self defense
That would be very likely to happen here too, but I don't remember any cases of it happening in Australia. It's not just the person being slapped that they have to worry about here, it's just as likely that other people in the area would also attack the slapper. We tend to stick up for innocents here a bit.

People who follow these trends are so dumb. The internet is killing gen alpha. I heard gen alpha doesn’t know how to read or know their alphabets because they spend so much time on their tablets. Parents are not parenting.

I would have hoped the millennial generation were the guinea pigs for being raised by the internet and society would have learned the lessons for gen z and A but we seem to be doubling down...

That would be very likely to happen here too, but I don't remember any cases of it happening in Australia. It's not just the person being slapped that they have to worry about here, it's just as likely that other people in the area would also attack the slapper. We tend to stick up for innocents here a bit.
Yeah can't see the Aussies standing for that lack of fair play!

I would have hoped the millennial generation were the guinea pigs for being raised by the internet and society would have learned the lessons for gen z and A but we seem to be doubling down...
Back in the 90s one of my complaints about taking on a new apprentice was that you had to spend the first 6 months teaching them maths and English before you could start really teaching them a trade. It sounds like not much has changed. :)

I saw the title of one - Australia isn't real. I didn't bother to click on it because you know that all it is is click bait. That's all a lot of them are.
You would not believe the amount of people I have actually met that actually believe this. America is paranoid. Maybe this is an American trend

Bogan behaviour?
I think it's society in general, not just one particular group. I saw a dramatic change in Darwin over a period of time that seems like an exaggeration of everywhere else these days. When I first moved there it was quite common early in the mornings to see people passed out on the footpaths, didn't make it home from the pub. They'd wake up when the sun hit them and they'd still have their wallet and their watch. These days if you see someone unconscious on a street in Darwin there's blood everywhere and you have to call an ambulance.

A lot of people will still jump in and help, but there seems to be more and more that will just stand back and get their cameras out too.

I think it's society in general, not just one particular group. I saw a dramatic change in Darwin over a period of time that seems like an exaggeration of everywhere else these days. When I first moved there it was quite common early in the mornings to see people passed out on the footpaths, didn't make it home from the pub. They'd wake up when the sun hit them and they'd still have their wallet and their watch. These days if you see someone unconscious on a street in Darwin there's blood everywhere and you have to call an ambulance.

A lot of people will still jump in and help, but there seems to be more and more that will just stand back and get their cameras out too.
Oh yeah Ive came across someone passed out, in town and when they went to get money for a cab it turned out they were robbed

Let's see here....
YouTube gives us "memes I found in (insert unlikely location or situation here)"

And then, I don't dislike this one, but it's done waaaay too often....

Steamed hams.

New Threads

Top Bottom