• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Most stupid internet trends?

YouTube videos, instant messages, and 'dark' websites that promote the most outlandish conspiracy theories which seem to have risen up from the depths of the mos twisted, perverted, and ignorant minds.

There's a lot of different factors involved. A lot of people simply don't believe the signs and warnings we have everywhere. I spoke to a couple of German girls one day, they were asking about camping spots in Kunnanurra, on the Ord River. I described a good spot right on the river banks for them but warned them not to try swimming in that river because of the crocs. One of the girls laughed and said "Nah, they just put those signs up to attract the tourists.".

With a lot of beaches it's also a case of monkey see, monkey do. Swimming lessons are compulsory for all Australian children, we learn from a very young age as most of us will spend a lot of our youth swimming and surfing. We are experienced, but also lazy. We deliberately use the rip currents for body surfing. You let a rip pull you out to sea, then you swim to one side and catch a wave back in again. Tourists see that the people not swimming between the flags appear to be having a lot more fun than they are.

There's also some very conservative cultures that won't allow their wives or daughters to be seen scantily dressed in public places. They will only swim at deserted places where if they get in to trouble there's no one around to help them.

By the way - all beaches are free in Australia. It's illegal to run a business here that will in any way restrict people's access to the water.

All beaches in the USA are supposed to be free and accessible, too. That's a hot issue along the west coast (California, Oregon, Washington) where wealthy people have acquired beachfront properties and attempt to privatize the adjacent beaches or block public access to them. The banks of all navigable waterways like rivers are also supposed to be publicly accessible, too.

When I was growing up, we were taught to just hold your breath and let the riptide carry you without fighting it because you ultimately will pop up to the surface of the water. I had that happen to me a couple of times and it worked.

I wish the US made swimming lessons mandatory for all children. Here, swimming lessons are private and cost money, unless you grew up on a farm as I did and my aunt simply taught me to swim in a lake one afternoon.

People seeing how much they can drink soda without burping.

Mukbangs. Not dangerous or anything but really, who wants to watch a person eat?

I have a love-hate relationship with the internet. If I didn't have internet I'd probably go to bed earlier and sleep somewhat like a human being. But I'd also be going insane from boredom, even if I spent more time on my other interests and hobbies.

The mukbang thing I used to watch them because I had an eating disorder. They probably should not be monetised.

I have a love-hate relationship with the internet. If I didn't have internet I'd probably go to bed earlier and sleep somewhat like a human being. But I'd also be going insane from boredom, even if I spent more time on my other interests and hobbies.
The internet is very entertaining but ultimately unfulfilling, unless you are able to use it with getting distracted which is mission: impossible

All beaches in the USA are supposed to be free and accessible, too. That's a hot issue along the west coast (California, Oregon, Washington) where wealthy people have acquired beachfront properties and attempt to privatize the adjacent beaches or block public access to them. The banks of all navigable waterways like rivers are also supposed to be publicly accessible, too.
Here by law land closer than 200 metres to the median tide mark can't be privately owned, although there's properties that are now right on the beach due to erosion when they were originally built and sold they were 200 metres back. Rivers and creeks also have to have a 200 metre wide wildlife corridor.

When I was growing up, we were taught to just hold your breath and let the riptide carry you without fighting it because you ultimately will pop up to the surface of the water. I had that happen to me a couple of times and it worked.
Most people panic and try to get back to shore, which is simply not possible. You can't fight the tides, you have to swim with them, not against them.

I wish the US made swimming lessons mandatory for all children. Here, swimming lessons are private and cost money, unless you grew up on a farm as I did and my aunt simply taught me to swim in a lake one afternoon.
Here it's classes for primary school children. 3 or 4 classes at a time will bus down to the local swimming centre for lessons. In my family we were taught to swim literally before we could walk. Babies crawling just naturally do doggy paddle. Mum's family came from the Murray River and kids there that can't swim end up being tragedies.

Animal "rescue" videos where it looks as if the people in the videos are saving an animal in distress, but the rescue is fake and the animals are being abused and it's evil and these excuses for people need to be arrested.
That's a Facebook thing isn't it. I also had a very real hunch that was the case too. Wicked.

The "birds aren't real" guy was right in my area. That was quite an experience. He had a billboard at one time, actually. No one has seen him for a while, either.

New Threads

Top Bottom