• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Most Absurd/Ridiculous Product You've Ever Seen?

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
What are the most absurd products/consumer goods you've ever seen?

For me, all of these AR-15 attachments are absolutely insane. Because you just had to make an AR-15 even more American.

image2-1-e1501860215341.jpeg

Tire deflator muzzle attachment. Because... reasons?
image4-1.png

Battle axe underbarrel attachment. For when just simply shooting the home invader isn't enough.
image5-1.jpeg

Tomahawk stock. Because a normal stock just ain't enough.
image6.png

ADD A GUN TO YOUR GUN! Now introducing: The FAB DEFENSE UTA 19! Don't ask for a reason why it exists, it just does. Mostly for the tacticool style points. And to have a quick switch to a sidearm, I suppose.
image12-1.jpeg

Mulestock. So you can store a gun in a gun. Because why not?

What are the most absurd products/consumer goods you've ever seen?
At one point, I thought a telephone with a camera was silly. I have since changed my mind, but with all the increased features and additions the today's smartphones, when will cellphones be unable to make a phone call?

Apparently some people are actually too lazy to rotate their own ice-cream cone while eating it, because the came up with a mechanical cone that rotates on its own.

But my favorite thing about soft-serve ice cream cones is when they make the cone all squishy. Why would would anyone want an inedible cone?

At one point, I thought a telephone with a camera was silly.

Could be worse. I recall back in the late 60s when my father was telling me about this concept called "cable television". I just laughed and said it will never fly. I mean seriously, who would pay for tv that was always free through "rabbit ear antennas" ? Oops. :oops:

Apparently some people are actually too lazy to rotate their own ice-cream cone while eating it, because the came up with a mechanical cone that rotates on its own.

But my favorite thing about soft-serve ice cream cones is when they make the cone all squishy. Why would would anyone want an inedible cone?

Makes me think of the self-stirring cup that stirs your hot drink for you:
Lazy Man Self Stirring Mug

Here's a few from me.

1. A clever idea, but you know full well that they chose to give it such a silly name on purpose so everyone would remember it:

2. Probably the dumbest thing ever advertised:

Makes me think of the self-stirring cup that stirs your hot drink for you:
Lazy Man Self Stirring Mug

Product feature:

"Avoid the risk of serious wrist injury involved in stirring your own tea"

I had no idea what danger I was putting myself, as a person with perfectly healthy and limber wrists who stirs his own caffeinated beverages....

(Cool idea for people who actually have physical issues that could make stirring tea difficult, but they do not appear to be targeting such a market.)

Last edited:
At one point, I thought a telephone with a camera was silly. I have since changed my mind, but with all the increased features and additions the today's smartphones, when will cellphones be unable to make a phone call?

Ugh, I had similar thoughts. Not about cameras though. What bugged me was the idea of a phone trying to do things like a computer. This was before smartphones, when most phones still had buttons and everything, but always featured big screens (well, big for a primitive phone) where you could even do things like browse the crappy-phone-internet.

I thought it was ridiculous. And it didnt help that the things were SLOW... the tech seemed to not really be there. I was always launching the horrid things at walls (yes, I broke many phones like that). It was like, "What were they thinking with this? This idea doesnt work, it'll never take off!"

Now, smartphones. Oddly, I dont launch those at anything. But then, they are actually capable of doing things without bursting into flames, unlike those old gizmos...

Oh I suspect smartphones will probably introduce ways of walking the dog as well as emptying your bladder. Whatever it takes to keep the public buying multiple cellphone accounts at $40 a pop. :rolleyes:

I suppose I'll be holding out for one that can teleport me to another galaxy. I mean, some day there won't be a need for a Tardis, let alone a phone booth. Just a cellphone. :p

Here's a few from me.

1. A clever idea, but you know full well that they chose to give it such a silly name on purpose so everyone would remember it:

2. Probably the dumbest thing ever advertised:

Well this is embarrassing but I once actually bought one of those slim suits at a store to wear while working out. At home, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing it in public. The top was pretty baggy but the pants were skin-tight. I hated wearing it but we all know you have to do things you hate in order to lose weight or you're weak and lazy (sarcasm).:rolleyes: But one day the pants split right open, and I thew the suit away. I was glad.

I wouldn't have been able to stand wearing all the time like those women in the commercial, it's basically a wearable plastic bag that makes you sweat.

Last edited:
Oh I suspect smartphones will probably introduce ways of walking the dog as well as emptying your bladder. Whatever it takes to keep the public buying multiple cellphone accounts at $40 a pop. :rolleyes:

I suppose I'll be holding out for one that can teleport me to another galaxy. I mean, some day there won't be a need for a Tardis, let alone a phone booth. Just a cellphone. :p

Wow! If I had one of those, I could "phone home." Maybe even go visit mom & dad.

Then you'd have a vortex manipulator, although the Doctor would claim that his TARDIS was a 'sportscar' to your 'spacehopper'.

I'm pretty sure whoever came up with the idea for this advert was either drunk or high on some kind of substance:

Also, here's your newest nightmare for a while:

I'm pretty sure whoever came up with the idea for this advert was either drunk or high on some kind of substance:

Also, here's your newest nightmare for a while:
As there is no "karma" for the response that this so desperately needs...
"WT....?"
:p:)o_O:eek::rolleyes::(:cool:

New Threads

Top Bottom