• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Most Absurd/Ridiculous Product You've Ever Seen?

That’s just downright alarming :)

I can’t work out whether or not it is just a plain old ice cream commercial or something more sinister.
Judging from the "reputed benefits" of consuming it, and it doubling as a cream/salve...
(shudder)

Pizza and or spaghetti slushies that actually exist in Canada.

44fd4af7530fa61f65aea0515e76cbbd.jpg

Judging from the "reputed benefits" of consuming it, and it doubling as a cream/salve...
(shudder)

Ice cream made out of babies ? ...

... wouldn’t put it past the serial killer in the advert scooping the gloop from off his head and eating it.
:)

I feel afraid and oddly hungry.

Fair enough.

Since I'm talking about adverts starring/being made by people possibly doing drugs, check out these two:

1. An ordinary shower becomes a water slide because of a bar of soap:
Don't get me wrong, this looks cool and fun to do, but if it happened to me when I got in the shower I'd be like "(insert expletive here)!!!"

2. A Nintendo advert broadcast in Australia that was way more creepy than it should have been, to the point where it had to be taken off the air and replaced.
Funnily enough, the company that made it later was responsible for making the TV shows ReBoot and Beast Wars.

Without clicking the video, I am going to guess that the golf club loin cloth combo
is a way to pee on the course, without exposing oneself, assuming one is male.

====
OK then.
That was the idea.
--
Grandma said that her grandmother was very disappointed in her because she,
as a little girl, did not master the ladylike habit of peeing standing up,
out in the field. Her grandma wore ankle length skirts. And sometimes left
wet patches on the ground when she walked away, when they were
out doing chores.

Okay, last one I do for now...and these are pretty uncomfortable.

Just so you know, these adverts came out in the 1980s...at the time when a certain virus was all over the news and this advert was been shown on TV here in the UK:

Seriously, what were the people who came up with the name for that diet candy thinking?!

The product Ayds predated the immune deficiency virus by several decades.
https://www.amazon.com/Candy-Origin...004JBMCPM/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
1951 ad, for instance.
upload_2019-2-13_14-56-48.png

Ayds - Wikipedia
"The product was originally introduced by the Carlay Company of Chicago. A U.S. trademark was registered in 1946 claiming first use in commerce was in 1937.

In 1944, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission objected to the claim that the product could cause the user to "lose up to 10 pounds in 5 days, without dieting or exercising"

"By the mid-1980s, public awareness of the disease AIDS caused problems for the brand due to the phonetic similarity of names and the fact that the disease caused immense weight loss in patients. While initially sales were not affected, by 1988 the chair of Dep Corporation announced that the company was seeking a new name because sales had dropped as much as 50% due to publicity about the disease..."

The product "was eventually withdrawn from the market."

It's Valentine's Day, and I just remembered having seen really weird valentines on the internet. More like un-valentines. They have the "retro" artwork that was popular even back when I was a kid, with soft, fluffy adorable animals and sweet-looking, cherub-like little kids. But the valentine messages aren't so cute or innocent. For example there was one that showed a cute fluffy animal threatening suicide by pointing a gun at his head if you don't be his valentine, and another shows a little girl crying with red heart-shaped spots all over her like she has measles.:mask: She is clearly "lovesick", but more like literally sick with a life-threatening illness, and is crying because she feels horrible and/or is in pain. (the anti vaxxers would love that valentine!) There might have also been valentines with kids or animals in suggestive positions, but I don't really remember.:flushed:
I don't know if these valentines were originally made at a time when such such humor wasn't seen as dark as it is now, or they're modern sarcastic versions of cutesy children's valentines.

Last night I saw an ad for some portable, reusable toilet seat covering. The woman speaking in the ad has a really obnoxious voice, and they show a public toilet with hand prints of liquid feces and cartoon germs floating around it. Then they tell you to use their cover to protect yourself, and then you can just fold it back up, take take it home and put it in the washer.
Yeahhh riiight, like I'm going to carry a toilet seat cover encrusted with various bodily fluids around with me until I get home.:mask:

On YouTube there's a channel called Cursed Commercials, and their last video showed an ad that was total nightmare fuel. It shows a horseback rider going over to his stable only to see two young women standing with their backs towards him. He angrily demands who they are and is his horse. The two ladies then turn around and they have horse faces instead of human ones. It gets worse. They start making weird sounds, as if they're trying to speak but can't, and this goes on for quite some time until they start to neigh like real horses. The guy is clearly horrified by what he's seeing and runs away.

I was like, "what in the name of all that is good and pure and right was that supposed to be?!!?. Was it some ad for a horse ranch? Was the ad supposed to *want* me to go there?" :fearful:

The most ridiculous thing I ever saw was a heater which had a thermostat directly above it.

New Threads

Top Bottom