• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Modern Fairytales

Callistemon

Part-Time Space Alien
V.I.P Member
(Story removed - feel free to use as general book/story discussion thread.)

Last edited:
Nice! I get flashbacks to DNAs HHGTTG omnibus. I've had my towel ready now for some 30 years. And Don't Panic stamped on my cheek.

Douglas N. Adams, the author of 'The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy' and all of its .... lets say he also did struggle to be on topic. It was written for BBC radio but overflowed into theatre, computer game, follow up books to the story etc. The omnibus is about 7 cm thick. Read it, do.

Ah, I actually read that when I was in high school, @GafferGragz, just didn't recognise the acronym! :) We had this really fun typing teacher who put me and a few others onto Douglas Adams - this was a favourite of hers. (And yes, to the young whippersnappers out there, back then you learnt to type and thanks to that I can type very fast on a computer keyboard too! ;)) I distinctly remember spending nearly as much time laughing as typing in that class because she always made it fun. I still remember one of the crazy poems she made us type out and illustrate off by heart:

A dingo trapper way out west
Had fungus growing from his chest
He'd scrape it off when it was ripe
And smoke it in his corncob pipe

Did you like the Holistic Detective Agency?

My husband has all these. I've read a few of them but have to say I prefer Neil Gaiman's writing, though of course when they both put their heads together they came up with Good Omens, the film version of which I loved and want to watch again soon! :) Also the British drama version of Terry Pratchett's Going Postal - hilarious! :grimacing:

New Threads

Top Bottom