• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

missing dll file

The good news: There are countless websites that give away obscure .dll files. Google the file name...lots come up.

The bad news? Like every other kind of free download, there's always the possibility of installing malware you don't want.

Be careful when you pick a source to download from...and always run a virus scan on the executable file before launching or installing it into the appropriate subdirectory.

It isen't just for csgo, otherstuff also telling me that it's broken, tried to reinstall it many times

I looked it up and many reliable sites tells me not to download missing dll files, it's always scam

I got a headache just looking at all the discussions/arguments over recommended specifications for that particular game.

First, it may be simply a registry error so, run a registry cleaner. I like either CCleaner or, Eusing's Free Cleaner. You can use Google to find either of them.

If that does not work, since it is a DLL that comes with Internet Explorer, download and reinstall that.

One of those two should fix it for you.

Have you searched your whole HD for the file? Sometimes there are multiple copies, or it may have accidentally been moved. Or maybe its corrupted.

Try starting a command prompt (with admin privilege), and run sfc

Tell us ur windows version, and maybe someone can flick you a copy of the dll.
Sometimes you can extract the missing file from installation discs too.

Last edited:
In the past on rare occasion, I've found that while my HD actually had the .dll file in question, it wasn't necessarily in the proper subdirectory to function relative to the application in question.

In which I'd simply duplicate the file and put it into another subdirectory such as "system" or "system32". Sometimes it worked...

Is the dll from a questionable site? cracks for games will register with most antivirus software and prevent them from executing or zap em into a vault. And those torrent games ALWAYS come with a motherload of malware adware and just a basketload of stuff ya don't want.

If games legit, have you checked the privileges of the sub files, sometimes restrictive safety settings can muck things up a bit. ??????????

just a coupla thoughts, hope u get it working

Last edited:
Is a dll from a questionable site? cracks for games will register with most antivirus software and prevent them from executing or zap em into a vault. And those torrent games ALWAYS come with a motherload of malware adware and just a basketload of stuff ya don't want.

If games legit, have you checked the privileges of the sub files, sometimes restrictive safety settings can muck things up a bit. ??????????

just a coupla thoughts, hope u get it working

It's almost tragic to think that I have a number of downloaded system files and cracks- but from another era. When online sources were still trying to be helpful rather than overtly hurtful.

These days, no matter what you are looking for it remains inherently risky in seeking out such files. That you have to go in with your eyes wide open if you should choose to download such files. To scrutinize them deeply before actually executing their alleged intended function.

I would recommend running the command "SFC /Scannow" command in a elevated command prompt.
The SFC /Scannow chuld check every windows system file, and replace damaged or missing files. and it should apply for avifil32.dll.

And on a side note i don't recommend manually downloading and installing system files.

New Threads

Top Bottom