• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Misery

Dude, I was just like you when I was drowning in beer and bourbon.

People here give a damn about you, but you insist on pushing them away. That’s your prerogative but you are only screwing yourself over here. Why do you hate yourself that much?
Nah, people proved that they don't. I don't have any illusions. After they didn't care, what they wound up with is a modicum of guilt, and it's not nearly enough, but they'll discover the missing portion of it at The Judgment. How that for screwing myself? You want some more honesty, hit me up any time. It's what you always got, and here it remains.

This is basically what I mean when I say people need to learn how to acquire enough emotional intelligence in order to self-soothe.

Life is hard. Other people have their own lives going on, they have to manage their own emotions. People are not likely going to want to also have to take on the task of managing the emotions of a fully grown adult.

Last edited:
This is basically what I mean when I say people need to learn how to acquire enough emotional intelligence in order to self-soothe.

Life is hard. Other people have their own lives going on, they have to manage their own emotions. People are not likely going to want to also have to take on the task of managing the emotions of a fully grown adult.
Well, I mean, the problem was physical exhaustion, but whatever.

Well, I mean, the problem was physical exhaustion, but whatever.
Why would you go on a date when you were clearly not feeling up to it?

And why would you think that trauma dumping on your date is socially appropriate and going to have a positive response? Come on.

Self-awareness dude

Why would you go on a date when you were clearly not feeling up to it?
Let me know which days chronic illness schedules for vacation.

And anyway, I can feel fine, and then walking and bus riding wreck me. There's not much point in the rehashing anyway.

Struggled through physiological, neurological, and emotional injuries tonight to stay awake for a date tonight. She didn't want to discuss how I was injured, and said that it was too draining. So, eventually when I was drained from my injuries and ready to go home, she asked why, and I told her "You already told me you didn't want to know. Don't you remember? I tried to explain to you I have a bunch of injuries and I don't feel well." And she reminded me she doesn't want to hear it. So I told her "I wish I weren't around to have to cope with this", and despite being someone who recently recovered from a suicide attempt, she says "Well, you can do whatever you want!". So, I turned and walked for the bus and never looked back. I truly have no comprehension of other human beings, and I would chalk it up to a fluke, except that this what an exceptionally successful date looks like. At least it took place, and I spent some hours with someone else.
If you have a failed date then you can try again.
Not everyday would be perfect.
Even if you like this woman then you could date her again and just tell her you had a bad night.

That's very kind, and I appreciate you putting up with me. I know I'm not exactly sunshine, but if it's not fun listening to me, then it's even less fun being me. There are no versions of it. Caring is caring. We aren't Data from Star Trek, no matter how much we confuse people. I remember he would say things like "You've created patterns in my neural network to which I've grown accustomed, and as such, I have come to think of you as if you are friends". That's nonsense. If you are thinking about how someone else feels, and it makes you feel anything in the least, that's all there is to it. You have a soul, and probably more than a lot of the kneejerk hate monsters I see wandering around.
I like people who are honest too, there is nothing worse in life than dishonesty.
At least you can be geniune.

@Levitator

If you could address these questions, it would go a
long way toward my understanding of the date situation:

What was the planned activity for the date?

How long have you known the person?

How did you meet?

How much sleep/rest did you have before the date time?

Had you eaten that day?

@Levitator

If you could address these questions, it would go a
long way toward my understanding of the date situation:

What was the planned activity for the date?

How long have you known the person?

How did you meet?

How much sleep/rest did you have before the date time?

Had you eaten that day?

I don't like to share excessive details about other people. Yes, it was a planned date, and I had all day to be prepared, rested, and fed. My health is that bad. I can't handle the heat. My shirt will get sweat-soaked and salt stained just from walking and taking the bus in 75F heat. My temperature and metabolism regulation are busted. I feel way hotter then I am, and then my metabolism doesn't respond properly to exertion and I run out of air, and wind up exhausted.

Now I can go through life born awkward, plus now with a head injury. I'm glad I don't believe in IQ scores anymore, and besides, there are some really important ways I'm clearly not as bright as I thought. Where is my mind, anyway?

I don't like to share excessive details about other people. Yes, it was a planned date, and I had all day to be prepared, rested, and fed. My health is that bad. I can't handle the heat. My shirt will get sweat-soaked and salt stained just from walking and taking the bus in 75F heat. My temperature and metabolism regulation are busted. I feel way hotter then I am, and then my metabolism doesn't respond properly to exertion and I run out of air, and wind up exhausted.
Your estimation of what would be excessive details about other people
differ considerably. I wasn't asking for her name, rank & serial number,
her address, her height & weight, blood type....etc

What I was looking for was whether this was a person known to you for any length of time or
whether the acquaintanceship was so new that she would be unaware of your physical condition.

New Threads

Top Bottom