• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Misanthropy?

xio

Hi there,

Second post, yay!

Long story short: I'm very philosophic and have [quite] a bad view on society and humans in general.

For example: I'm a vegetarian, have a lot of altruistic properties etc etc. When I look around, I notice that there aren't many others like me. It makes me feel alone, like an outsider...

I feel like I lack the ability to justify my own "cruel nature". Other people manage to justify their greed for comfort in many ways, and it feels like I just can't...

Like my conscious and mind outgrew my "human nature".

Is anyone else experiencing something like this? Or am alone in being alone? (That last sentence might be a little too poetic :p)

-Tomas

I'm starting to get this way myself :/ I also blame myself for not doing a damn thing to make a difference instead of being a bit preachy on the internet about how we all should treat each other with respect, kindness, and friendliness despite it being an anonymous place where there's barely any accountability for the way you treat people.

I think it's just human nature to be like this and despite evolving to walk upright, still carry some traits from the past like the need to be in groups and exclude people out of it :/

I have some of that, but used to have more. I discovered I was over-using introspection, generalized sadness, and interpretation to cope with my environment. I still use those, but now it's balanced with other emotional skills.

I feel like I lack the ability to justify my own "cruel nature". Other people manage to justify their greed for comfort in many ways, and it feels like I just can't...

Like my conscious and mind outgrew my "human nature."
You forget that humans are as capable of kindness as they are of cruelty. So you're still human---you just happen to be one of the better ones, apparently.

Reminds me of that saying that "Man is inherently a social animal".

I just wish they could put an asterisk by it noting that for some of us it's true, but only in small doses. ;)

I've always been able to look into the mirror, see how ugly I really am (in terms of morality, not physical appearence), and accept it. I think we all exhibit hypocrisy, self-justification, greed, etc. The potential for evil, I believe, is inside us all. Even a seemingly random good deed is often carried out with the selfish intention of giving ourselves an ego boost.

But I don't think this is a bad thing. Failure is good. Recognising your own failures is better. If we were already perfect, what would be the point in improving ourselves? To recognise what monsters we can be, and to act good despite that, shows a lot of strength, in my opinion. :)

I see your way of dealing with it: managing.

I have issues with separation my responsibility. I'd risk my life for a chance that that action might help the person.

New Threads

Top Bottom