• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

met temple grandin

On november 5th i attended the Autism Society of Colorado Annual Gala at the Ritz Carlton in Denver [donated tickets] Temple Grandin was the keynote speaker. We got there a little early and got an opportunity to spend a little time with her [some of it taped] If you are interested in watching it, please click onto my channel. [below] It was a great time and we attended the disability summit in Colorado Springs concurrently. [yeah, pretty wild]

On november 5th i attended the Autism Society of Colorado Annual Gala at the Ritz Carlton in Denver [donated tickets] Temple Grandin was the keynote speaker. We got there a little early and got an opportunity to spend a little time with her [some of it taped] If you are interested in watching it, please click onto my channel. [below] It was a great time and we attended the disability summit in Colorado Springs concurrently. [yeah, pretty wild]
Nope,that is pretty awesome,as I would like to meet her face to face myself ;)

Even though Dr. Grandin and I don't see eye to eye on several issues about our shared conditions,I consider Temple to have royalty status in the world of the autism spectrum.
I contacted her assistant about two and a half years ago asking to speak with her,but could only leave a message. I almost blew her off a couple of weeks later when she actually returned my call because I thought she was a telemarketer. Temple and I both think in pictures,so we had quite a bit to talk about. The film Temple Grandin was the first time I had a way to show others a glimpse of how my thought processes work.From what I understand about myself now,I am considered to have what is called an eidetic memory.

the old area manager of my complex autism care facility met temple in the UK recently but she told me that temple was very quiet and unable to interact well or talk to her-my gobby manager did all the talking. i know temple struggles with public appearances but im surprised she did well in colerado.

id love to see her live and meet her,shes my role model,she came through classic autism and was brought up to have old fashioned manners like me.

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing this with us! I was lucky to go see her in October in New Bedford, MA. She did an awesome job!
Good for you getting to the disability summit, too. I really appreciate you sharing here... and I love your handle! :)

Very cool! The only reason I found out I am an aspie is because a friend who is a vet posted a video of Temple Grandin on on Facebook. I watched it out of curiosity. It was about animals, but she started to describe her childhood and she pretty much was describing me. I then knew without a doubt that I am an aspie, but I never new it existed.

New Threads

Top Bottom