• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Look at it this way you never will have to worry again.

A. It goes well they love you ...no worries!

B. It blows sky high you have to toss the boy friend on the rubbish bin and take a hungry stray cat :catface: home to replace him...cat :smilecat:is very happy and no more worries!

C. Your Boyfriend dumps you first, so you replace him with two stray cats :catface::tigerface: who laugh at him while you duct tape him in a UPs box and mail him to his judgemental family...:p....and you and the cats live happily ever after...the End!

D. You dump the boyfriend and find a new one who is orphaned and likes cats :smilecat:...and you live happily ever after!

You worry too much, I think your boyfriend likes you tons and he will get his family to like you somehow!:)
Go to the park...have fun with his little sister...it will be okay!

I went through this situation when my aspie boyfriend met my parents, and while it wasn't easy, we got through it. One of the reasons we did get through it is because my BF asked me for help. I chose a quiet restraunt location, a place he knew well and was comfortable with. I told my parents ahead of time that my BF had social anxiety and that he wanted to talk to them, but if they could not rush him on responses, be patient, and let him speak without interrupting him that would make it a lot easier. I told my mom to ask him questions about his interest (computers) and to just be very reassuring and kind, not use sarcasm, etc.
I also told my BF not to worry, that I would cover him if things got awkward and that I could take over and reroute the conversation if he got overwhelmed.
With the help and reassurance, the day went incredibly well!

I guess my advice is to just be completely open with your partner about how nervous you are and do everything you can to make yourself more comfortable. And don't be afraid to ask your BF for support, help with social cues, etc. Go somewhere quiet if you can and don't worry about impressing them...just worry about getting through it! Good luck!

New Threads

Top Bottom