• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Meet another awesome person

How many times can the entire NYC subway system fit on I-95, all the way from Miami to Canada?

• Total voters
Welcome. My o/h sometimes calls me Rain Man, not that I am anything approaching a savant. I can do pi to 60 places from memory though - more of a party trick really than anything useful. My best number is 4 [same no. as my house]
3.14159265358979323856264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862 is what I memorized.

Last edited:
My first memory is in the crib, someone was dangling a toy over the side, I guess to amuse me but it was scaring the crap out of me.

My first memory was in the incubator with my mouth squirming like a fish and my fists trying to scratch me face.
Somehow I seemed to understand the English language from the beginning. I was annoyed that I could not use my baby physical brain to speak it though.
Something that cannot be explained.
Everyone says you must learn the language before you can understand it.
Can people be born with knowledge?

Hi, Ethan!

I couldn't access a poll, but I'm new here so there are a lot of functions I haven't figured out yet.
I can say, that like you, I'm from New York City and I have ridden the subway system there for many, many years. I used to like the 6 Line going uptown on the East Side. The green circles with the numbers always looked so friendly.
I didn't like the orange circles as much, because they reminded me of warning signs. And when I had to move to Brooklyn because I lost my Manhattan apartment, riding that "F" train with its orange circle seemed to take FOREVER...!

My favorite numbers are 8 and 11, because they look the same upside down as rightsize up!

And I also like I-95. I drive it all the time! Mostly from Maryland to North Carolina, and many times up into Massachusetts. It's a very long road, with lots of great new rest stops with plenty of Starbucks Coffee (I need that coffee to stay awake with all that driving.)
I'll bet you're just the person to tell me how many miles I-95 has. And if you can, I might get a good idea what percentage of it I have traveled!

New Threads

Top Bottom