• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Meet another awesome person

How many times can the entire NYC subway system fit on I-95, all the way from Miami to Canada?

• Total voters
Actually, I am interested on how other people see their favorite numbers. I like perfect squares and perfect numbers. Especially 441 and 8128. But 8128 most. I also like 95 because of I-95, and it’s factors are 19 and 5, which are other interstates as well. 19 in Arizona, and 5 along the west coast.

I wouldn't have guessed that you were interested. Good to know.

Oh, well in that case I'd best try to explain why I like the numbers I like then. For the number 00 its because Zero is the name of my favorite character from the Megaman franchise, as well as it referencing my first ever watched (and still one of my most favorite) mecha anime Gundam 00, as well as the thought that 0 "has the potential to be anything and everything; infinite possibilities, the wildcard." 7 because I liked it's relation to a number of things, as well as it's shape, 8 because a character I was fixated on was obsessed with it (Death the Kid, had OCD for symmetry and 8), 9 because of Cyborg 009, and every prime number because prime numbers had only itself and 1 as factors, which by default made them more interesting to me (primes with 7 and 9 are more interesting for the higher ranked numbers therein, though the ones with 1 in the ones are also more interesting to me ).

Hi & Welcome,
Thats some pretty amazing stuff. My own special interests have gone in different directions, but I did collect train schedules from the Long Island Railroad for a while as a kid.

Eight has always been my favourite number. when I was young I looked forward to being a big boy when I got to 8. I also like it's symmetry and the infinity symbol (sometimes called the lazy eight). Also Section Eight was the old US military term for someone dismissed due to mental health reasons.

Hi & Welcome,
Thats some pretty amazing stuff. My own special interests have gone in different directions, but I did collect train schedules from the Long Island Railroad for a while as a kid.
Same. I live less than a mile away from the Port Washington Line. My favorite is the 1 train though.

Eight has always been my favourite number. when I was young I looked forward to being a big boy when I got to 8. I also like it's symmetry and the infinity symbol (sometimes called the lazy eight). Also Section Eight was the old US military term for someone dismissed due to mental health reasons.
My favorite 1 digit number is 1 because of the 1 train and in numerology, 8128 mod 9=1. Mod 9 is important in numerology.

Mou~, I'm glad you can remember what you've been doing since you were 5; I can barely remember what I was doing 15 minutes ago! Anyway, have you played OpenTTD? It's a game where you're a transport company and you can work with a lot of different kinds of transport, basically stuff like planes, trains and automobiles. I'd imagine that you'd like it, amd it's pretty customizable, not tomention really small, and it can run on pretty much anything past 2000 (maybe even 1995 or older).
Now about that trivia question, it seems like relatively straight question to answer, but I don't have a good enough connection (as in, on something not a phone) at the moment to look up the lengths and distances for either, so I can't really give an answer.
Anyway, welcome to the site, and I hope you have fun here~!
PS: Assuming you're asking for favorite numbers and why, mine is 0 (specifically written as 00), with 7, 8 and 9 directly after (in no particular order among the 3), then after that just about all the other prime numbers( (prime numbers with 7 and 9 especially).
My favorite prime number is 179 because that’s my bowling average, and also because of the R179 rolling stock for the A, C, J, and Z trains.

Last edited:
The fact that you’re in high school is a bit troubling for me. It must be pretty basic for you. Since you don’t seem to enjoy the company of students in your school, either, why not go to college now? I’m sure that there’s a reason but I don’t get what it could be.

P.S. I can’t answer your question.
Sadly I can’t go to college now. I wish I could though.

Did you know what a perfect number was before I said?
I've heard it used for the number four, but not for anything else.

4 =
  • 2 + 2
  • 2 x 2
edit: I just wiki'd "perfect numbers." I guess four isn't one of them after all... :oops:

Last edited:
Hi, @rainman8128! Welcome. I just cast my vote. My answer didn't match any of yours exactly, but I'm guessing that's because of the route length of the NY subway system, which I'm only finding online in whole numbers. I picked the closest answer, which matched one of yours to 2 decimal places.

Welcome. My o/h sometimes calls me Rain Man, not that I am anything approaching a savant. I can do pi to 60 places from memory though - more of a party trick really than anything useful. My best number is 4 [same no. as my house]

Actually, I am interested on how other people see their favorite numbers. I like perfect squares and perfect numbers. Especially 441 and 8128. But 8128 most. I also like 95 because of I-95, and it’s factors are 19 and 5, which are other interstates as well. 19 in Arizona, and 5 along the west coast.[/QUOTE

I'm afraid I don't have a head for numbers at all. I'm terrible with maths, and even just counting things can be hard for me (I lose track of my "set", get lost in my head, and then realize I haven't been counting). However, I still have feelings about numbers. Some just "feel" better than others. Is this common for people on the spectrum? (I'm new to this.)

I find it fascinating that you like 8128, because 28 and 8 are my favourite numbers, but I don't have any mathematical reason why. They just "feel" right. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom