• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Meet another awesome person

How many times can the entire NYC subway system fit on I-95, all the way from Miami to Canada?

• Total voters

rainman8128

Hello. I am Ethan. I am a student in high school with Aspergers. I am extremely interested in transportation such as the New York City Subway and the Dwight D. Eisenhower Interstate Highway System. I am also a savant and am extremely interested in numbers, numerology, cards, and dates. I remember what I did on every day of my life since February 4, 2008, when I was 5 years, 1 month, and 24 days old. I can tell you the day of the week of any date from the year 1600 to infinity. I also do audio production and bowling. The name of my profile comes from the movie Rain Man, and the number 8128 is a perfect number, which is a number whose factors add up to itself. I like perfect numbers, especially 8128, because I like when things are perfect, and have lots of problems when things are imperfect. On March 12, 2025, I will be 8128 days old and I plan to do what I like best all day, taking a joyride on I-95. I don't know how to drive yet, but hopefully by then I will. And I can take as many joyrides as I want.

Note this is the same as my bio, because this is the important stuff
Answer the trivia question above so I can see your knowledge on stuff I like

ae341971898fe37cd7ce6c66b6dd6f52.png

Welcome! You sound like an incredibly useful person to have around! :D I'm more of a car fanatic myself (although love travelling about in trains, as the movement is so relaxing). A lot of aspies seem to have an interest in numbers and patterns (I personally like multiples of 7 and 3), although your ability is really impressive. My grandfather was a 'savant' and had a similar ability to yours, although he used it to play games like bridge professionally across the world. Are you planning to study and go into a career using this skill? I imagine you would be in high demand!

I had to look up the lengths of the NYS and I-95, but Google gives me 368km for the NYS and 3089km for the I-95. So the based on these measurements (which may not be entirely accurate - they were just the first figures that came up), the closest answer would be 8.10034876221.

7 is my favourite number, followed by 21. But yes, any multiple or combination of 3 and/or 7 'looks' nice to me. I'm not sure how to explain it.

7 is my favourite number, followed by 21. But yes, any multiple or combination of 3 and/or 7 'looks' nice to me. I'm not sure how to explain it.
For some reason in paper crafting numerals of 3,5,7 and so on a more pleasing to the eye then 1 ,2,4 or six.
It's not exactly the same as mathematics. but that intrigues me slightly

My favourite number is 9.
Because any multiple of 9 added down in numerology is always 9.
Also 9 has a special personal meaning.

Numbers aren't my obsessive interest.
I am fascinated with patterns in nature and art.
Visual stimuli.
You sound like a very interesting person.
Welcome-Animation-DG123290.gif

Hello. I am Ethan. I am a student in high school with Aspergers. I am extremely interested in transportation such as the New York City Subway and the Dwight D. Eisenhower Interstate Highway System. I am also a savant and am extremely interested in numbers, numerology, cards, and dates. I remember what I did on every day of my life since February 4, 2008, when I was 5 years, 1 month, and 24 days old. I can tell you the day of the week of any date from the year 1600 to infinity. I also do audio production and bowling. The name of my profile comes from the movie Rain Man, and the number 8128 is a perfect number, which is a number whose factors add up to itself. I like perfect numbers, especially 8128, because I like when things are perfect, and have lots of problems when things are imperfect. On March 12, 2025, I will be 8128 days old and I plan to do what I like best all day, taking a joyride on I-95. I don't know how to drive yet, but hopefully by then I will. And I can take as many joyrides as I want.

I haven’t come across many (or any) savants on this website yet.
I guess it makes sense to look for people who are on the same level as you are. I would be doing that too, if I were you.

Hi Ethan welcome! It sounds like you have some talents, my favourite numbers are 8 and 1.618

I doubt that Ethan’s interested in what most of us are saying. And I don’t think he’s wondering what your favourite numbers are. I believe he wants to know the people who can answer his question above.

The fact that you’re in high school is a bit troubling for me. It must be pretty basic for you. Since you don’t seem to enjoy the company of students in your school, either, why not go to college now? I’m sure that there’s a reason but I don’t get what it could be.

P.S. I can’t answer your question.

Mou~, I'm glad you can remember what you've been doing since you were 5; I can barely remember what I was doing 15 minutes ago! Anyway, have you played OpenTTD? It's a game where you're a transport company and you can work with a lot of different kinds of transport, basically stuff like planes, trains and automobiles. I'd imagine that you'd like it, amd it's pretty customizable, not tomention really small, and it can run on pretty much anything past 2000 (maybe even 1995 or older).
Now about that trivia question, it seems like relatively straight question to answer, but I don't have a good enough connection (as in, on something not a phone) at the moment to look up the lengths and distances for either, so I can't really give an answer.
Anyway, welcome to the site, and I hope you have fun here~!
PS: Assuming you're asking for favorite numbers and why, mine is 0 (specifically written as 00), with 7, 8 and 9 directly after (in no particular order among the 3), then after that just about all the other prime numbers( (prime numbers with 7 and 9 especially).

I doubt that Ethan’s interested in what most of us are saying. And I don’t think he’s wondering what your favourite numbers are. I believe he wants to know the people who can answer his question above.
Actually, I am interested on how other people see their favorite numbers. I like perfect squares and perfect numbers. Especially 441 and 8128. But 8128 most. I also like 95 because of I-95, and it’s factors are 19 and 5, which are other interstates as well. 19 in Arizona, and 5 along the west coast.

New Threads

Top Bottom