• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Maybe not revelant but i have to talk about it...

Iamnotarabot

Sorry to bother all of you with my litte life again, but..there is something i need to talk about, i want to have an appointement with my therapist and finally admit this thing that i never talked about before...

There is always something running in my head, i dont mistake it with real noises and song, i know its in my head.( well a couples of times i also had little hallucinations like hearing whispers but no word and realy short)

And so i overthink all the time, talk in my head , etc...

Sometimes i respond to myself in my head, i know its me vs me talking, i mean, its like a fake conversation somewone could do out lout.

But sometimes, i think about things i dont want to , and its like , even if i know all of this is in my head, it feels like it is actually another version of my self talking to me hard to describe...

Last year, i was stuck in my last year before my degree, didnt do anything, and one night in my bed, i was thinking of a voice telling me to let him take control in order to do my work and get this degree, ITS WEIRD.

Also years ago i something similar happened but it was more a argument in my head.

I dont know if it is clear.

That used to happen to me during times of extreme stress. It was a low-frequency voice that sounded like somebody's audio recording had been slowed down. Because it sounded so slowed down, I couldn't make out the words. But it was scary as hell!

Since there's that other stuff going on in your life, I would not worry about it. Just keep observing. Journal about it. Maybe you'll find some patterns there.

Finally, please do not diminish yourself the way you did in this post! Your life is not little. You, like every other human being, are made in God's wonderful image. There's no need to apologize for asking questions on this forum.

Thank you !

Ok so, i think i didnt type it well enought...

The fact of hearing something that didnt exist ( i even got one time a halluciation of touch, one single time) , realy it didnt happen a lot, like 3 times maybes, a bit more but clearly less than 10 times.

On the other hand, i had realy disturbing moments when i realy debate in my head, i know it is only in my head but sometime it is alsmot like someone else is in there...in your opinion this is just another level of intrusive thoughts?

in your opinion this is just another level of intrusive thoughts?
Well, I'm not a medical professional so I can't give you that sort of advice. I can speak for myself. For me, it was a mental reaction to extreme levels of stress.

Last edited:
I think everyone debates issues with themselves in their minds and can become obsessive over those things, too. A good therapist can help you distinguish between what are really just intense mental conversations with yourself which almost everyone does, and actual hallucinations that you need help for. Please make an appointment with your doctor to discuss it.

Also, I understand there's something called practicing 'mindfulness' that helps relieve anxious and obsessive thoughts. I think it involves forcing yourself to mentally drop the negative thoughts and forcefully imposing positive thoughts instead. That mental discipline breaks the cycle of negativity and depression. I probably shouldn't have brought it up because I really don't much about it but a dear friend of mine who has clinical depression and anxiety says it helps him a lot. You could investigate whether it might help.

Thank you !

Ok so, i think i didnt type it well enought...

The fact of hearing something that didnt exist ( i even got one time a halluciation of touch, one single time) , realy it didnt happen a lot, like 3 times maybes, a bit more but clearly less than 10 times.

On the other hand, i had realy disturbing moments when i realy debate in my head, i know it is only in my head but sometime it is alsmot like someone else is in there...in your opinion this is just another level of intrusive thoughts?
do both the voices sound like you ?if so it's just disorder! but you still need to talk to the therapist!

Well when its very intense, it feels like it is a different version of me, not someone i dont know , but not me in my current state. I mean the voice talk in a different way like tone and diffent pitch, but you know i dont realy know what my real own voice is anyway..well i guess i have a default voice but sometime i ask my self if i am pretending to have this voice or if it is my real voice. (COMPLICATED KEK)

But realy , last year, i was super stressed about my exams , and I realy felt that another me wanted to take control in order to get things done ..so weird xD

Well when its very intense, it feels like it is a different version of me, not someone i dont know , but not me in my current state. I mean the voice talk in a different way like tone and diffent pitch, but you know i dont realy know what my real own voice is anyway..well i guess i have a default voice but sometime i ask my self if i am pretending to have this voice or if it is my real voice. (COMPLICATED KEK)

But realy , last year, i was super stressed about my exams , and I realy felt that another me wanted to take control in order to get things done ..so weird xD
if you can afford it after the psychiatrist appointment find a psychologist as I think it's better if we rely on talk therapy .

I dont know anything about that, it is said that the change is obvious and trigger memory loss...it is true that when i was a teenager some friends talk to me and said i have said something that i have forgotten but this is not related i think..or i dont know...

But this is one of the things that blocks me from learning in unniversity, i mean, last year, i realy felt that i had to be someone else in order to get my grade. That was distrurbing. And this is weird but, i can't remember the classes i had taken last year...it happened to me many times...( kee in lmind that basically i dont go at the unni, i just learn in a few weeks on my own in order to get the minimum mark and thats it, so maybe this is normal to forget what you learn to fast.)

I even got moments when i did an exam, and the second after i get out of the class i couldnt even remember what it was about...huuuuum.

it is said that the change is obvious and trigger memory loss

I don't know a whole lot about it, either, it's just what you said about having a voice in your head that was not you that made me think of it.

I do know that it is a myth that the switch between identities is always obvious -- sometimes others notice nothing when a switch occurs.

However, I'm not saying this is what I think is going on with you -- minds are complicated, I am not a doctor and I am not you, I am basically just a stranger on internet sharing what comes to mind in case it is something that turns out to be useful to you.

Yes dont worry i dont take that 100% for granted, thanks for sharing anyway, i will talk about it the next apointement i get.

New Threads

Top Bottom