• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Math source of anxiety

Hummer

Just before Christmas I have decided to go back on school bench . Here in Quebec it's a quite different from elsewhere in world . Every-one is obligate to go to special college called CEGEP priors University. That been said , My last maths classes were from 10 years ago. I have taken a high-school review class with a few extra. In theory every-thing should be fine since I already done all those stuff.

Now I feel like a dumb , I'm unable to figure what to do or more important what is forbidden. Where to start , where to stop? . What to apply?. I do understand all theory one by one , but once it come to put it to paper I stress. What needed to be done , what will be good and what will be wrong , where will i forget a detail . Who here know a aspi strategy for learning math and stop my math anxiety?

They call it Mathemathique techno science sec.5 ... Ill translate it as , techo-science math for (last grade b4 college for science) For now we do
Factorization
Rational fraction and radical

so algebra I think

I like to pratice , but how to know where I made my misstake ... Id like something that just buzz when I made a mistake wile solving

They call it Mathemathique techno science sec.5 ... Ill translate it as , techo-science math for (last grade b4 college for science) For now we do
Factorization
Rational fraction and radical

so algebra I think

I like to pratice , but how to know where I made my misstake ... Id like something that just buzz when I made a mistake wile solving

It had been 10 yrs since I had had any math and I went into college algebra, but before I did I got several workbooks and DVDs from Amazon to practice the summer before and I also paid for a tutor that I sometimes saw twice a week which was a big help.

Factorization IS difficult. You have to practice, practice, practice and then when you have done all that practice some more.

Do you know any software or website where I can see the solving wile doing it , for comparasion in order to know when i'm wrong

Do you know any software or website where I can see the solving wile doing it , for comparasion in order to know when i'm wrong
I do not, but here is a little helpful place.
Greatest Common Factor Calculator
I do have a - warning - corny story about it, which helped my son. Mr Multiply's cousin, Maguire LCD, has the magical mallet of multiples. The enemy, Fraction Demon is determined to make working with fractions impossible, thereby trapping everyone in an endless fraction assignment. Maguire LCD will give the mallet to the next needy student, who must then strike the denominator and stop the Demon from trapping him. The denominator will splt, yet hold together as a unit, thus solving the dilemma and revealing equivelant fractions.

I used JMT Patrick which is under "PatrickJMT". It's free. The DVD's I used were from Amazon and not free with a guy named Jason Gibson. He also has a website. Also "Kahn Academy" which is also free online.

I second the recommendation of Khan Academy. One of the great things about the website is that you know if you are getting the problems right. You should definitely give it a try.

New Threads

Top Bottom