• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Marilyn Monroe: Aspiegirl

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I listened to this interview of Marilyn Monroe.

The way she speaks. The pauses, the way she tries so hard to put a thought into words, it totally reminds me of an aspiegirl. I can hear that she's trying to mask the fact that she's partially nonverbal.

She was born Norma Jeane Mortenson. Her mother, Pearl, was very self-isolated, and quiet. Norma's mother was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, and institutionalized.

Norma was raised at first by relatives, and later, by foster parents, who married her off at fifteen to the adult neighbor. Nowadays we'd call this grooming and trafficking of a minor.

Despite the tragic end to her life, her naivete and warmth still attracts millions, to this day.

I can hear personality traits of many of the autistic women I've known, in this short clip.

Last edited:
Random fact, there's a Marilyn statue in a town in Norway. Because her dads name was Mortenson, that's a Norwegian name so we like to say she was Norwegian. :)

R.6c366948ee8bd52b95bde153b7bc83e6

^ Interesting statue. I guess it must be cold in the harbor?

I'm going to watch the video in a second. I don't know enough about her life to add much, but I'm very curious. I love topics like this.

Edit: Very interesting. I couldn't really say, just based on that, but I'm curious to see what others think, Yeshuasdaughter. I wouldn't have guessed it was her, based on the voice.

I listened to this interview of Marilyn Monroe.

The way she speaks. The pauses, the way she tries so hard to put a thought into words, it totally reminds me of an aspiegirl. I can hear that she's trying to mask the fact that she's partially nonverbal.

She was born Norma Jeane Mortenson. Her mother, Pearl, was very self-isolated, and quiet. Norma's mother was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, and institutionalized.

Norma was raised at first by relatives, and later, by foster parents, who married her off at fifteen to the adult neighbor. Nowadays we'd call this grooming and trafficking of a minor.

Despite the tragic end to her life, her naivete and warmth still attracts millions, to this day.

I can hear personality traits of many of the autistic women I've known, in this short clip.

I'm very interested to watch that, my Mum will enjoy it because she loves Marilyn :)

New Threads

Top Bottom