• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

We actually really do have Mordor in Australia:

You need to zoom the map out a bit to see why it got named that.

Last edited:
We actually really do have Mordor in Australia:

Of course you do, it's Australia. :) Here's an interesting map of that big, strange place:

aa7zwfp6kon31.jpg

Of course you do, it's Australia. :) Here's an interesting map of that big, strange place:

aa7zwfp6kon31.jpg

I love the listing of Darwin as alcoholics. The Northern Territory isn't a state, it belongs to the federal government, and they regularly have debates about suing for statehood. One year they held a poll for what they should call it if it became a state, the overwhelming popular result was:

Liquorland.
liquorland.jpg

I love the listing of Darwin as alcoholics. The Northern Territory isn't a state, it belongs to the federal government, and they regularly have debates about suing for statehood. One year they held a poll for what they should call it if it became a state, the overwhelming popular result was:

Liquorland.
View attachment 99695

I like that place called "That Dundee Guy". :) I remember that movie, that was a good one.

I like that place called "That Dundee Guy". :) I remember that movie, that was a good one.
Except they marked it in the wrong place. I lived in the same area as the real Mick Dundee, about 15 years ago he committed suicide by police.

That's a shame, poor guy.
He was a lot rougher than the character you saw a made up movie about. He was a professional crocodile hunter, then croc hunting got banned. He lived on the edge of the law after that, often suspected of still hunting but never charged. I can't remember the dates but in around 2005 or 2007 he had a drunken argument with his best mate and shot him.

There was a man hunt out for him after that but no one was stupid enough to go in to the bush looking for him so they just set up a police road block on the only road in and out. After about 6 days he came sprinting out of the scrub at the road block, a rifle in each hand and firing shots like mad. The cops reacted as trained and killed him instantly, they realised after that even single handed he was a crack shot, if he had intended to shoot the police he would not have missed.

Liquorland.
View attachment 99695

This made me laugh so hard.
I like how they made the liquor store an entirely separate store from the supermarket lol!

We have kind of a similar store here, it's called Total Wine, but it's like 10 times the size of that, and most of what they sell is booze, not fine wine.
That was one of the places that refused to believe I was carrying a legit ID even though I think I was 24 at the time lol.

This is real!
51791045_UMLbz-_c8TiuV5EGtyqW9s1y8aEtw2TZ7t6y0w3fKRw.jpg

I like to examine old maps of Orange County, California, from before Disneyland was built. It was all Semi-rural, agricultural area. Disney really did Anaheim dirty. As soon as old Walt started pouring his first bag of concrete, the rich sandy agricultural soil of the surrounding idyllic coastal farm towns of Orange, Santa Ana, Garden Grove, and Huntington Beach were paved over as well.

The whole reason that Riverside and San Bernardino Counties ever grew in population in the 1960s, was because of the farming diaspora that fled when their ways of life were destroyed. They preserved the countryside, mostly lived in little trailers or simple homes, and grew grapes and orange trees on five to 80 acre lots. It's how my family ended up east of the mountains, and even east of the little towns, up at 3000 ft, ranching in the land of Coyote, Mountain Lion, and Owl.

And it wasn't until the 1980s and 90s, when crime overran Los Angeles and Orange Counties, that those little inland farming and ranching communities were paved over as well, to make room for the affluent L.A. folks, and their tract home/ gym membership type expensive tastes.

Under all the strip malls and tract homes lies the same earth that grew strawberries, citrus, grapes, and avocados. The same earth that shepherds and ranchers grazed their herds.

L.L. Cool J sang of "Going back to Cali". I have, a few times. It's painful to go back and see the farmland and horse ranches that I once passed by every day, now covered in homes and businesses.

There is a now a large, luxury shopping mall in my hometown, with surrounding shopping centers and business parks. In very spot where in the 80s and 90s, you could still see sheep grazing on a grassy hill.

Old timers age out, and their descendants get greedy, rather than holding on to, and preserving their family's heritage.

cb5ec77d1213c7ecb36bbfb09ea54df2.jpg

iu

iu

9626000.jpg

We have kind of a similar store here, it's called Total Wine, but it's like 10 times the size of that, and most of what they sell is booze, not fine wine.
We have places like that in the bigger cities but the entire Northern Territory has a population of 250,000.

Liquorland is owned and operated by the supermarket Coles and every Coles supermarket has one.

We have places like that in the bigger cities but the entire Northern Territory has a population of 250,000.

Liquorland is owned and operated by the supermarket Coles and every Coles supermarket has one.
Wow! I would love it if my state only had a population of 250,000... it would mean fewer asses and idiots...
I think I've mentioned that I live in a census-designated place, with a population of just under a few thousand, but the surrounding towns have a population of roughly 20,000.
Approximately 19,900 people too many... lol

It's a much bigger area than any of your states too: 1,347,791 km2 (520,385 sq mi)

There's a lot of empty space out there.

Those pictures are beautiful! I have seen pictures of Uluru/Ayers rock before, but I would love to see the entire national park and all the mountains in person someday.
So cool that there is so much Aboriginal heritage there too. Definitely a culturally and environmentally rich area that I would love to visit!

I like how they made the liquor store an entirely separate store from the supermarket lol!

That was one of the places that refused to believe I was carrying a legit ID even though I think I was 24 at the time lol.

This is real!
Yep. We have so many of such liquor stores I'm not sure if I could accurately account for all of them. Equivalent to an alcoholic's version of Costco or Sam's Club.

This is real!

We have something like that here too, it's called Vinmonopolet, which means "The Wine Monopoly". It's called that because the state has a monopoly on selling wine, hard liquor and strong beer. So if you want that, you have to go to one of many Wine Monopoly stores. Can't buy it in regular stores. So those Monopoly stores sell only alcohol and lots of it.

iu

This is a map of a small island between Sweden and Finland called Märket. The Sweden/Finland border cuts the island in half and the border has a very odd shape. Because Finland built a lighthouse there a long time ago and then they discovered that they had accidentally built it on the Swedish side of the border. Awkward. So they moved the border and this was the best they could come up with. What a mess. :)

iu

iu

New Threads

Top Bottom