• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Madness of shorts in winter

This makes me think of the film:Atanarjuat: The Fast Runner.

In it, a male character jumps naked from his bed and runs into the frozen north, attempting to escape a jealous rival.

It was the first film to be done entirely in Inuktitu.
It's considered one of the best Candian films ever made.

There's YouTube promo for it but it is age restricted. No details are left out. Probably his feet were cold, but not much else.

Reminds me of streaking an outdoor mall for New Year's Eve on a dare. It was late at night, it was -20F, (-29 C) and I was 17 y.o. Of course it was only a couple hundred yards with a loop through a liquor store. The coldest part was the vinyl passenger seat of the getaway car.

Last edited:
Seriously!?!!! That's not winter weather. That's "oh look, the tulips are spent & here come the irises" weather.
It was raining. That was the day's high and I started at 8 am. And it was 7 miles. It counts. :blush:

As Mark Twain once wrote, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."

---As Mark Twain once wrote, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco."---

and a short hop away via riverboat and you have

“In Sacramento it is fiery summer always, and you can gather roses, and eat strawberries and ice cream, and wear white linen clothes, and pant and perspire, at eight or nine o'clock in the morning."​

-mark twain​

It's considered one of the best Candian films ever made.

There's YouTube promo for it but it is age restricted. No details are left out. Probably his feet were cold, but not much else.

Reminds me of streaking an outdoor mall for New Year's Eve on a dare. It was late at night, it was -20F, (-29 C) and I was 17 y.o. Of course it was only a couple hundred yards with a loop through a liquor store. The coldest part was the vinyl passenger seat of the getaway car.
A bit off topic, but close:

There is an Australian film which has one scene of a woman gardening naked and she is viewed surreptitiously by a rather naive tax collector.

I wish I could find that film again.

A bit off topic, but close:

There is an Australian film which has one scene of a woman gardening naked and she is viewed surreptitiously by a rather naive tax collector.

I wish I could find that film again.

Sounds like that could be a thorny situation!

Nah, not world naked gardening day.

A family lives way out back. Dad is super-depressed. He wants a boat. Mom is holding things together. The tax man shows up to collect taxes and it’s clear they don’t have any money at all.

Tax man gets seduced by the out back life and stays with them.

There’s a 10-12-ish year old girl who pulls a great surprise at the end of the film.

The naked gardening is just one scene.

I liked Walkabout. Also 10 canoes.

Nah, not world naked gardening day.

A family lives way out back. Dad is super-depressed. He wants a boat. Mom is holding things together. The tax man shows up to collect taxes and it’s clear they don’t have any money at all.

Tax man gets seduced by the out back life and stays with them.

There’s a 10-12-ish year old girl who pulls a great surprise at the end of the film.

The naked gardening is just one scene.

I liked Walkabout. Also 10 canoes.
Tried Googling using various terms, and all I could get was a 2020 shoot-em-up movie called The Tax Collector. I bet that's not it.

I want to take back when I have been harsh of people or rude or unaccepting. The last couple Of days I haven't minded about shorts but there not always exercising

New Threads

Top Bottom