• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

loud noises

I like recycling but the sound of bottles being put into bottle banks is unpleasant especially the closer I am.
Speaking of recycling, when the charity drop-in I'm registered with was open, two service users used to bin their carrier bags, that they used to carry their lunch in, I'm glad a support worker notified them that they could use the bags again.

Mostly tolerant to loud noises... mostly. I actually love sensory overload with touch and sometimes music, I can lose myself in it and it calms me down, but I hate green lights at night. Red lights are a bit bright but fine. Green makes me wanna wear sunglasses at night.

My aunt lives ten minutes away, right past this furniture store. They have this electric teal sign and it's the brightest I've ever seen. Driving back at night, it's behind us, but I can still see its glow on the intersection 50+ feet away, even with the cars and traffic lights. There's a literal sex shop in front, but it doesn't even come close to the furniture store.

A scenario:
At work, I have a little office, with an open-plan office on the other side. Now in my office itself is the alarm loudspeaker, this goes off sometimes, this is really loud then in the open-plan office that consists of 90% ladies it's a constant noise of talking loudly, shouting, laughing and so on, currently I work with the door closed, earplugs and headphone, but still hear them, it makes it difficult to work with the noise and adding to that the bright lights.
Any experience on this or some advice?

New Threads

Top Bottom