• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Looking for connection after moving out on my own

Firespider

Hello,
I moved out of my parents home about a month ago. I have been feeling isolated and lonely, but felt strongly that I needed to do this to become independent. I feel like all I do is go to work, come home, struggle with my autistic plight, try to sleep, fail, watch some YouTube, and repeat. I’ve been trying different meetup groups for the Neuro Diverse. I have found one I really like, but it only meets one night a week. I can’t always make it, bc I work random schedules. I have read a few threads on here and the people seem accepting and polite.
I like to game on Xbox, but have struggled to find online consistent players that enjoy the games I do. I also do VR. I’m willing to share my gamer tag for anyone who is interested. Look forward to reading and sharing thoughts.

welcome to af.png

I still don't feel like I belong anywhere. The search for community and acceptance is a lifelong one!
But we all have to start somewhere :)

Welcome. You have taken a big leap and succeeding at independence adds to your value in a relationship. When I was working in cancer research , I too felt isolated and lonely, and I hadn't started dating. Then I joined the Sierra Club for its outings and found that interest and competence counted more than neurology. That gave me confidence to ask out women I knew. It was fun, just being with someone.

Welcome! The nice thing about forums is that you can pop in whenever you have time - the conversation is always ongoing :)

Welcome! I am on the same boat as you, looking for hobby groups and activities around me so i can make some friends.

Hello and welcome! I love this place. Definitely filled the void of loneliness in my life. Hope you enjoy it here and find what you are looking for.

@Firespider

No need to feel lonely on here . There is always someone to talk with. And the best thing is no social awkwardness because it is online

Good work moving out on your own. Excellent!!!!

Welcome. Most of us have some degree of loneliness. After a while you may come by to like the peace and quiet of all that alone time.

New Threads

Top Bottom