• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Looking for answers...

s4ndm4n2006

Hi, I'm obviously new here and thought I'd introduce myself and explain why I'm here :)

I am not diagnosed officially with aspergers yet but I recently took an aspie quiz that said that I am most likely an aspie. The reason I took the test and wondered about this is because I have both a son and a daughter that are dx'd aspies. I look at my son, who's 12 and in a lot of ways he reminds me of myself when I was young. I don't know whether AS runs in families or not but it was worth looking into. I don't know that much about it just yet, but I'm here both for my son and possibly myself. I am also dx'd officially with Borderline Personality Disorder and Bipolar.

I am here to find out more about this and see if there's enough reason for me to get tested officially for this too.

Thanks for listening,
~S4

I, too am new to this site. I am NT, but have self-diagnosed (mild) dyspraxia and synesthesia. I am also a musician and musicians as a profession are notoriously quirky and eccentric. I think so-called normal must be very boring. I have one autistic son, one mildly dyslexic son and a daughter who is almost certainly AS. She is very keen for an official diagnosis and I have a very dear AS friend, who was diagnosed in her seventies. She says it is such a relief to realise why she is as she is. With these anecdotes I feel it would probably help you, too.

Oh ello welcome to AC. There are alot of people here in varying forms of diagnosis. So relax have a drink and welcome to our humble home. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom