• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Looking for a girl to date...

I'm autistic and hyperempathetic. Not all aspies lack empathy - most don't. We just show it differently. :)
Yeah I realized it after I posted that there are Aspies who do have have these skills. I was thinking from my own point of view, because I am very bad with that.

I wish you luck. Like you, I am desperately, painfully lonely. However, you should ask yourself if it is simply a lack of social skills. In my own case, my lack of social skills comes from the fact that apparently the part of my brain that deals with human and social interaction seems to be missing, as does the part that deals with forming connections and bonds with other people. In other words, is it because you never learned social skills, or lack the ability to learn social skills? A neurotypical might not see a difference, but we aspies tend to see things from a different perspective.

Just an OT question here. I noticed a lot of Aspie men say they want a partner with the following qualities:

• Caring
  • Empathy
  • Sympathy

How does that work? Do Aspie men prefer NT women?

Edit: not saying ALL aspies lack these skills. Thinking in terms that most have difficulties with these specific skills.

All men prefer women with these qualities.

I don't think any autistics lack these qualities. The way they show just throws people for a loop. The few times I have been in doubt whether a woman was autistic/aspie or not were all super sweet women with just a bit of a weird way to show their affection.

Not that NT women are much competition, they are just very good at masking selfishness and such. I think the average NT woman would carve the average Aspie man's heart out with a wooden spoon. There's also some assholes among us, though. We can deal with the NT's just fine.

Join the military. Female soldiers are the best girls to date. Just be nice and don't screw around with them.
05b6877c685890a24b6bd17d43eb8388.jpg

Last edited:
Just wanted to post an update and let everyone know I think I might have (finally!) found someone willing to be my girlfriend. Thanks all for your support and posts!

Share! From this site? What kind of degree does she have? What's her IQ? Weight? Net worth? Religion? Political affiliation?

And don't say "I think I might have (finally!) found someone willing to be my girlfriend.". Instead, say: "I think I might have (finally!) found someone I'd be willing to have as my girlfriend". The devil is in the details.

I share your apparent excitement, and am very grateful for it. :) But I’m not going to share details about her; I don’t think it’d be appropriate. I can only say we found each other on a dating app (outside this site), and that she does have really beautiful hair. :D And that we both really like each other so far. Beyond that, I really don’t wish to say more, other than I’ll just have to see how the relationship goes. And whether anyone believes me or not is up to them... but I just wanted to provide an update. And I wish myself and all other Aspie guys out there the best of success with love!

Of course haha.

Keep updating please :D

Be careful, though. It's online dating after all and I'm assuming she's NT. Women seem like bunnies but some of them can turn into the Beast of Caerbannog without notice.

And remember that she is lucky to have you, not the other way around.

New Threads

Top Bottom