• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Looking a lot younger?

Well, I bump in to this "problem" at least once a week. So I'm not imagining it >.< I actually do dress more sophisticated now, in dresses and such. I've never had a boyish body, always curves, so I don't have a childish body and that's not the reason. Still people, usually friends of my 20 year old friends are shocked when they hear my age. I have a round face, big eyes and no wrinkles. I get approached by guys that are 10 years younger (and more at times).. (Even though I panic when that happens >.<) It might be genes, might be AS, but that still is the truth for me.

Yes, the only negative thing about this imo is that people don't take you seriously.. Also my voice is very girly and sometimes at work I have to answer the phone and if they call back they say they wanna talk to the young girl again xD Also a few times if a sales person has called my phone they first ask if they can talk to my parents first!!! Lol.. It is kind of annoying.

Also my other aspie female friend (37) also looks 10 years younger and she dresses like a granny, lol! Even I have to ask her at times that what was her age again >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
I look much younger than I am, and therefore get hit on by males who are as young as fourteen. My eyes are big for my face, I have a childish smile, childish mannerisms, and an "I'm not quite done with puberty yet" kind of body.
I don't really mind looking as young as I do, although no one takes me seriously at all.

crwn.jpg
I'm almost 22 years old.

I do because I only knew you intellectually. That happens a lot on here.
I look much younger than I am, and therefore get hit on by males who are as young as fourteen. My eyes are big for my face, I have a childish smile, childish mannerisms, and an "I'm not quite done with puberty yet" kind of body.
I don't really mind looking as young as I do, although no one takes me seriously at all.

View attachment 5468
I'm almost 22 years old.

I am 48 years old and I still hear that I must be in my thirties. I had my first daughter when I was 23. I raised her by myself so we were always together. When she became a teenager, everybody thought we were dating, and I was a creepy older man (actually that part might be right).
I must admit I don't act a day over twelve. I just love to play too much! Anyways, I would have to say, true for me.'
Interesting.....

I'm always told I look younger than others my age. I wonder why those with Aspergers/autism would look younger?

same here! im 44, 45 next month and a lot of people have been v surprised when i tell them
im often told [esp by my mother] that i dont act it either! lol!! i dont feel 45 in my head and i know i act a lot younger...not sure if thats always a good thing!! i dotn know!

hi dizzie, youre v pretty, i love the 'hippie' look:) i would have said about 19 i hope you dont take that the wrong way!

im 44 and frequently told by my mother that i neither act nor look my age! also my mothers friend who lives opposite!
people have been surprised when ive told them my age..its nice to be thought younger, i know i dont act my age anyway!! :)

Last edited:
Wow, it seems by all these "positive" posts, that it indeed could be a common thing for an aspie to look younger! Interesting ;)

I'm 31yrs old and people think I look like I'm sixteen at least its gotten better it used to be I looked like I was 12yrs old.

So here's so incredible irony.... When I responded to this thread last week it was during my first visit to the site. I was aware that I've always looked much younger than I am, but unaware that this is evidently common in AS. Very shortly after I posted my response, I went to the market down the street to buy a six pack of cider and was asked to show my ID!! I was initially amused and assumed the clerk was kidding until he became impatient and demanded my ID, so I showed it to him. I am 43 years old and have been able to purchase alcohol legally for 22 years!!
(He read the date, looked twice to make sure it was me and then I thanked him)

same here! im 44, 45 next month and a lot of people have been v surprised when i tell them
im often told [esp by my mother] that i dont act it either! lol!! i dont feel 45 in my head and i know i act a lot younger...not sure if thats always a good thing!! i dotn know!

It's a good thing ;)

OK :D maybe I just approach age evaluation differently than most of the people :) I might actually think and say that a person looks older that he/ she actually is :) you guys should have done it differently, you should have posted pictures of yourselves without mentioning age and asked people "how old do you think I am?" now, it wouldn't work anymore :)

I've never heard about youthful appearance being an autistic trait before, but I can say that it applies to me. It may be due to the fact that I avoid the sun, though. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people here happen avoid the sun more than most simply as a byproduct of avoiding the sensory overstimulation that often comes with venturing out into public areas... Of course, this would only account for the lack of aging signs manifesting on the skin and not for other aforementioned factors such as eye size.

New Threads

Top Bottom