• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Loneliness and lack of love.

="AMANDA DESIREE WILSON, post: 651202, member: 23308"]I had a friend called Leroy Brown. He was a camel who lived in a zoo in Ontario, Canada. Leroy was a wonderful friend. He would lean his head over the fence and kiss my head. This is dangerous but if you have a connection, it is okay. When I would cut the grass in the paddock beside his, I would give him the clippings. He loved them. Leroy was a special camel.

" sounds like what i had only i was asked to go and try to befriend him so i went in and well we became friends in seconds. There was also a older female camel more aggressive in general BUT to me we also became friends and soon enogh i had both of them coming to me and cuddle lord that was heaven. "

Have you ever worked with Tapirs. They are wonderful animals.

" Sadly not but i would SO love it (we do have them in one of our biggest zoos and there is special package you can buy were you get to meet them up close and OH yes il buy that one belive that "

When we brought three into our zoo from another zoo in Peru, the handlers were afraid of them. The others did not speak English and I didn't speak Spanish so I couldn't explain to them that they didn't need to use broom handles to move them from the cage to the enclosure. One day after we moved them, I went into see them with their food. The vet gave me crap but she really still had no idea of my abilities. Anyways, soon the public would see me playing with them.

" Id say most animals arent (not predatory ones tho ) in general threatining for humans as long as you know how to read them and respect them. "

My greatest time in my life was when I was with the animals.

" I hear that and can say the same "

I would rather kiss a monkey than some human. Monkeys in zoos are healthier than people are. Monkeys also kiss in the wild as a form of social acceptance. People like you believe everything the media says. A dog's mouth is surprisingly cleaned than yours. When you can sit down with a puma or lion and not be afraid, then you know that you have a bond with them. Unfortunately, people like you may never understand how wonderful it is to bond with an animal.

I am a lot... but not the type of person to believe everything the media says. Animals carry more bacteria in their mouth than the average person. How many animals brush their teeth after every meal? How many people brush their dog/cats teeth after every meal? From what I know about monkeys, you seriously do not want to try to brush their teeth. This alone means they most likely have an oral situation you would not want to swap with, then there is the fact that animals have generally less consideration for hygiene (A few of my dogs are cleaner than most people, but I suspect this is more due to degeneration of IQ, people with an intelligence level below a dog would obviously be dirtier than a dog). All this aside, the real danger from animals comes from the fact that the bacteria they carry are completely different. The downside is that it's very easy to get viruses that can infect you from other people, such as herpes. The upside is that they are not so likely to cause severe health problems. Bacteria also care less about the difference in cells, and it's often bacteria that cause severe problems when swapped between humans and animals. Not only is it dangerous to you, it's also dangerous to the animal. And in the rare situation where a virus is transferred, we get Ebola, HIV, Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Rabies etc. So working on transferring the next Ebola or HIV from animal to human (or vice-versa) probably isn't the smartest idea.

I have dogs, and we bond just fine without french kissing.

I can understand youre point BUT what you dont Concider is the animals are actually built to not have to worry as mush about dental disease and other illness due to lack of hygien. As if they werent there entire sp would be extinkt .This is fact mind you.

EbolaThe Ebola virus outbreak that's ravaging West Africa probably started with a single infected person, a new genetic analysis shows. This West African variant can be traced genetically to a single introduction, perhaps a person infected by a bat, researchers report in the journal Science. And yes i know its also once belived latent on as i said makaks however recent studies have concluded as folows Spread of the disease through the air between primates , including humans, has not been documented in either laboratory or natural conditions. Aparantly i was missinformed reg the makaks

Bird flu
Until relatively recently, the bird flu virus co-existed in aquatic birds spreading from bird to bird in water without harming them. When people began taking birds to market, the virus was unable to spread and a new, more virulent virus emerged, one that could spread more easily in the faeces and secretions from the birds. Large-scale factory farms now provide the perfect environment for a mutating virus – closed, dimly lit (UV can harm viruses), crowded, stressful and unsanitary conditions – a perfect storm of our own making!

The virus has become able to jump species and has infected a range of animals including humans, in whom fatality rates can be very high. While it is still relatively difficult to catch, there have been reports of human-to-human infection and if it mutates further, becoming as easy to catch as a common cold virus, we will be in deep trouble. One way to take control of the situation would be for huge numbers of people to stop eating poultry, pigs and other animals and remove the viral reservoir of factory-farms.

Swine flu In 1998, swine flu was found in pigs in four U.S. states. Within a year, it had spread through pig populations across the United States. Scientists found this virus had originated in pigs as a recombinant form of flu strains from birds and humans.

,Rabies Rabies is caused by lyssaviruses, including the rabies virus and Australian bat lyssavirus. It is spread when an infected animal scratches or bites another animal or human. Saliva from an infected animal can also transmit rabies if the saliva comes into contact with the eyes, mouth, or nose.

And finaly Aids has nothing to do with animals whatsover. That comes from us humans when were not properly protected during.............. And can ONLY happen with Bodily fluid exange with eatchoder )

If youre that concerned i would say dont have any pets because they do risk getting contarmenated and spred any disease to youre entire family just by being in youre surroundings .

This said i do respect youre opinion and that you dont aparantly let youre dog lick you (i will let my dog lick me all they whant Regardles the risk incl in my face and havent so far been infected from anything ) And as for kissing Monkeyes its NOT adviceble + good luck trying to kiss a monkey on the mouth (you risk getting bit more or less severe for once and i agree its not healthy either and i havent so far ever kissed a Exotic animal .

Rule one with any animal handling is HYGENE (and im refering to us humans in this case )

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom