• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Locked threads

I think locked threads should stay so people have an idea what kind of posts could lead to "locking" :)

This is just a suggestion, but what about deleting threads that have been locked. Since no one can contribute except to "like," deleting would save space and "freshen things up," so to speak. That's my suggestion for the day, so I'll sit down now.:)

If we keep threads around it might, if users actually use search before opening new threads, prevent topics from being started a 2nd time and going sour a 2nd time. And yes, Epath does address something relevant; it does show why some threads get locked, assuming people take time to even read a locked thread.

That, and the fact that some threads have had some quality posts, despite eventually being locked.

On the technical side, I think deleting posts just messes up a forum database too much.

And then there are threads that are locked for a reason. I lock my monthly AC poll after the month is done. No deletion on my behalf. Information is still available, just not open for replies anymore. And that goes with a few other threads that actually provide information but aren't open for replies in general. Those might be forum announcements.

New Threads

Top Bottom