• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

*Little* Things That Annoy You (Pet Peeves)

The smell of freshly laid pavement (bitumen).

I get extremely stressed out by the smell, extremely itchy and watery eyes. I used to think it bothered everybody, but upon further research it seems that it's only me.

I will take pretty long detours to avoid walking near it if they happen to be laying some down between me and my work.

Don’t know if this is weird, but the sheets and blankets on my bed must come up to my ears when I’m lying down.

If I can only pull them up as far as my shoulders or chin it drives me crazy and I have to remake the bed.

Also if they go past my ears I have to sort that out as well.

‘Social distancing’ - whoever first used this term in relation to COVID-19 either doesn’t understand English, or didn’t understand what was required. Physical distancing is what was required, while finding ways to maintain the same social distance, whether small or large. Yet the media and politicians persist in using it.

Last edited:
People who are always bubbly and sweet, no matter what the situation annoy me. Also people who are ultra pious, who think they are better than everyone else, annoy me.

Last edited:
‘Social distancing’ - whoever first used this term in relation to COVID-19 either doesn’t understand English, or didn’t understand what was required. Physical distancing is what was required, while finding ways to maintain the same social distance, whether small or large. Yet the media and politicians persist in using it.

"Social distancing" is an oxymoron. But with emphasis on the "moron" part.:p

Seeing and hearing "We're all in this together". I don't think so. While it may be true that we're all at some degree of risk from covid-19, commercials and celebrities aren't saying it because they care at all.

When people don't distance themselves from me. Lol. When people don't realise that we mask. To get by at work.

Don’t know if this is weird, but the sheets and blankets on my bed must come up to my ears when I’m lying down.

If I can only pull them up as far as my shoulders or chin it drives me crazy and I have to remake the bed.

Me too. Too short or too long is horrible. Too tight- is the worst. I always kick out my sheets at the bottom. And l really don't want trim on the fold down, it distracts me. Yes, l am OCD about this. Some of it is sensory and some of it just is.

Adverts for Spring/Summer holidays using Christmas Music: At the moment, we've got an advert for holidays that uses the Andy Williams song "It's the Most Wonderful Time of The Year".
Being from the UK, it messes with my mind every time I see/hear the advert as a song that talks about "kids jingle-belling" does not sound like something that meshes well with sunny days and sandy beaches (unless you're in Australia, I guess).

Sink Push Button plugs: For this, I'm talking about the plugs some of us may have in the sink. Instead of the classic plug with a chain attached, our sink has a plug that you push down to seal the sink when you want to fill it with water, then push again to raise the plug and let the water drain away.
It annoys me because ours has gotten stuck down and I can't get it loose, so I'm currently having to brush my teeth at the kitchen sink instead.

Not very weird, but standard blankets are always a little too short. I can either cover my shoulders and half my face or wrap it over my feet. Not both. Standard blankets are just 2 meters long and that is very silly. Who made that decision, who said "lets make blankets 2 meters long, that`s enough".

Makes me think of some hotels where the bath towels don't wrap around your body entirely - so you end up with a "side gap".

Makes me think of some hotels where the bath towels don't wrap around your body entirely - so you end up with a "side gap".
I think Holiday Inn was almost bankrupted because it was nearly a rite of passage for us 'muricans to steal their logo imprinted towels :p

I really hate the sound of small children talking sometimes in YouTube videos. Not really sure why. I also hate having lights on during the day and if there is still, sunlight outside in my apartment. I just can’t stand it and have always been this way and it’s not because I want to save electricity either.

I was just thinking about your sink button problem, have you tried setting the vaccum to max suction and then jam it on top of the sink button and try to pull it up? It could work if it isn`t completely stuck.

Believe it or not, I've finally managed to sort it. I ended up using one of my mother's hairclips (this type) to slide down the edge of the plug and lever the plug up.
I've now sprayed some WD-40 under the plug to make it go up and down easier without jamming, so hopefully I shouldn't have that problem for a while.

I really dislike saying word "socks", i just hate it sounds. Its really annoying when ever I have to say it.

I am that way, too. The trouble is that I can start the night out with the sheets and blankets up around my shoulders, but then my two cats come and weigh things down so that the bedclothes only reach my shoulders.

Another thing that really annoys me, is reading something that seems well thought out and interesting, until I find about five or six typos all through it. Why, oh why can people not catch their typos before posting on the internet? I find myself itching to fix the grammatical and spelling errors, while being totally distracted from whatever they were writing about.

And I am not speaking about forums or chat. I am referring to articles and blogs where people can't be bothered to proofread the word salad that they saw fit to share with the entire world.

I think I’m a lot of people’s idea of extremely annoying :(
Not going to attempt to defend myself either because I annoy myself too.

Mine have to go all the way around my head and over my eyes so they're pinned between my head and the pillow, with just my nose/mouth free so I can breathe. Obviously it's hard sharing a bed with people cause I want to steal their covers to do it. I don't know what I'm gonna do once I have an SO.

New Threads

Top Bottom